ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

newbie question: 3d solid and invig's object won't allign.

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Danat124newbie question: 3d solid and invig's object won't allign.
by on Nov 24, 2006 at 2:54:53 pm

hi all,

when using ae's camera with an invigorator object and an ae 3d solid i'm getting a misallignment.

i'm trying to get the solid on the front face of the invig. object but when the camera moves the 2 show different perspectives.

it's a widescreen pal project so it might be that. or more likely something to do with the depth of the object. it's a rectangle with depth 100. so i thought i'd have to move the solid by 50 in the z direction, but it seems more like -85 and the 2 are not alligned properly.

can anyone shed any light?

Return to posts index

Jon OkerstromRe: newbie question: 3d solid and invig's object won't allign.
by on Nov 24, 2006 at 3:01:08 pm

Hi Danat,

Using the AE camera with Invigorator objects is useful in many situations, but it does have some limitations. AE's 3D space and Invigorator's 3D space are still different places... the software essentially allows one camera to mirror the other, so it looks like everything's together.

One solution that solves all of this is to create a plane in Invigorator instead of using an AE solid. Of course, you can map whatever was happening on that AE plane to the Invigorator solid using layermapping.

Hope this helps.

Jon

Return to posts index

Danat124Re: newbie question: 3d solid and invig's object won't allign.
by on Nov 24, 2006 at 3:35:31 pm

thanks for the quick reply jon. i just read that bit in the manual. yes my problem was that it was slipping at shallow angles, so i've tried the layer map way and it works fine.

thanks alot.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]