ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

Invigorator + Zakwerks issue - simple question

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
NtGeek
Invigorator + Zakwerks issue - simple question
on Nov 23, 2006 at 8:24:47 am

Dear Colleagues,

I have tried to pull a few simple illustrator files that can be brought into Zakewerks without issue but I feel that I have hit a brick wall of sorts.

I have taken my photoshop logo (essentially, a series of three colored circles) and have broken them up into individual parts. The goal here is going to be to use different instances of invigorator so that the pieces can come together.

The main problem that I am having is with the autotrace feature. When I set it to black it seems to import the matter fine into Zakwerks but not the color that I had specificied inside of illustrator. Also, this logo is a compositie broken down into individual files from photoshop so layer 1, 2, 3 and 4 are there very own objects. The problem is that no matter what I try, it seems that zakewerks does not like the illustrator file and I am having no luck creating the necessary paths inside of illustrator which I see is necessary with the files that I have brought in as sample.

Do I take it that I am to simply bring in the pieces individually and then worry about coloring them inside of Zakwerks? I think the problem here is that Illustrator is overwhealming me since I am a novice when it comes to it, not to mention zakwerks in general.

Lastly, if you create part A of a zakwerks effect, can you combine it with another part as in the form of layering, that is to say, that the inner circle and outer circles will be different entities timed in such a way so that they look like they are coming together, or does zakwerks limit you to a single drawing. Also, my problem seems to be that getting things from photoshop into illustrator and saving them out in a format that Zakwerks likes is also an issue. Any guidance would be appreciated. I have looked over the tutorials and they have taken me far, but so far, I cant get the results that I need.

regards,

walt Ellena

Return to posts index

NtGeek
Re: Invigorator + Zakwerks issue - simple question
on Nov 23, 2006 at 8:29:00 am

Lastly. I think that my biggest obscacle here is how to take a simple photoshop shape (say a circle) and truly convert it into something inside of illustrator in such a way that Zakwerks will like and accept. Preferably with the color that I have used in photoshop. I think this is where my greatest obstacle is because when I use pre-canned illustrator files (such as the smiley face) it seems that there are layers and paths that I cannot seem to reproduce inside of illustrator using my imported photshop images. When I use autotrace, I get a black black ball but I would like color, unless that color needs to be determined inside of zakwerks.

Again, any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Walt Ellena

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]