ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

Invig Object getting clipped

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
EBarfield
Invig Object getting clipped
on Nov 22, 2006 at 10:06:43 pm

Hello:

I imported a TV-shaped object from Illustrator, then created a layer map to map to an .avi file which I played on the 3D "TV". When I bring the object just to the Title Safe area within my 720X480 screen, the outer edges of the object begin to get clipped off. Why is this?

Ed

"deja vu all over again" -- Yogi Berra

Return to posts index

Jon Okerstrom
Re: Invig Object getting clipped
on Nov 23, 2006 at 1:20:30 am

Hi Ed,

I'm not sure I understand. Some hints that may help you.

The solid to which you apply the Invigorator effect should be the same size as the comp.

The movie will be stretched to fit the front or rear fact of your tv object. If the aspect ratio of the movie and the screen are the same, you won't get any distortion. Otherwise, you will.

Any border around the movie will be considerd part of what's stretched to fit the face of the object. If the movie is in a larger precomp and you're layermapping the precomp, the border will come into play.

Does this help?

Jon

Return to posts index

EBarfield
Re: Invig Object getting clipped
on Nov 23, 2006 at 1:01:47 pm

Well, the solid is certainly the same size as the comp...The size of the object, I set to be as close as I could to 3:2 aspect ratio (720X480 ratio). I will check it and try to make it exact ratio.

It's hard to explain: when I turn on the "title safe" area, and the outer edges of the object (the outside border of the "TV") begin to touch the title safe area (the inside rectangle; the outer rectangle is the viewing safe area), the outer edge (not the screen part of the TV) gets clipped off.

...and I'm not quite sure I understand this:

>>Any border around the movie will be considerd part of what's stretched to fit the face of the object.
I layer-mapped the .avi file to the inside screen area of the TV. It basically has two components: a flat screen, and a small border around the screen.

thanks for your help.

egb

"deja vu all over again" -- Yogi Berra

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]