ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

Resizing 3d Models

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
acidxburnResizing 3d Models
by on Nov 13, 2006 at 6:15:42 am

Hi, I'm new to 3d Invigorator and I have this project that needs completion asap which is a car collision, I made two roads intersection each other with masks (to make it narrow), I imported a 3ds model (car) and use the AE camera, the model is so small (my composition is 720x480) and having trouble resizing the car inside and/or outside object mode, I can only resize th Z & Y axis... outside object mode, I can only size its depth (its in set1).

I might be missing something here, help me out guys... Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

SergeRe: Resizing 3d Models
by on Nov 13, 2006 at 1:12:48 pm

Hi,

When you click on "Import 3D Object" You will find a "Scale" option in the window that pops up. Type in a higher value to increase the size of your object before it gets imported.

Does this help?

Salut.
Serge

"InvigoMany" Available here:http://www.nyc-visual.com

Return to posts index

Jon OkerstromRe: Resizing 3d Models
by on Nov 13, 2006 at 1:54:46 pm

A couple more thoughts..

When you say you can only scale in Z direction, that means you're working in the scene preview area. This scaling is meant to help animate scale of sets, not to resize objects.

Click on the red ball to get to the set-up area. Select the object. Go to the object stats diologue box. Increase all three scale numbers equally. Note that the scaling done here is NOT animatable.

Does this help?

Jon

Return to posts index

SergeRe: Resizing 3d Models
by on Nov 13, 2006 at 2:24:31 pm

Hi guys,

Scaling all three axes in the stats menu is of course possible as Jon mentioned. Just be aware that if your object is composed of several elements witch is sometimes necessary in order to map it with different textures, scaling your object this way may offset the position of your elements in your 3D scene. The task of manually moving each element back to its initial position may be a major pain.

Salut.
Serge

"InvigoMany" Available here:http://www.nyc-visual.com

Return to posts index

acidxburnRe: Resizing 3d Models
by on Nov 14, 2006 at 1:19:48 am

Wow, i missed that (scale in the import window)! Thanks a lot! 3d Invigorator is very addicting to use, I'm servicing a News Department, Graphics Section and I'd rather use 3d Invigorator than Maya (well... if I have time i'll explore that... or Cinema4d, which is easier). Thanks again!!

Return to posts index

Jon OkerstromRe: Resizing 3d Models
by on Nov 14, 2006 at 1:44:07 am

Glad you're getting into it.

Needless to say, it's hard to beat the combination of speed and power if you're cranking out stuff for news departments.

I built an election night newscast open and election special opens using ProAnimator, 3D Flag, Gradientwerks and a couple of blur/shine type effects on a very tight deadline.

Jon

Return to posts index

acidxburnRe: Resizing 3d Models
by on Nov 14, 2006 at 3:31:21 am

Cool!! You have a website/gallery? I need some inspiration using Zaxwerks. Thanks Dude.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]