ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

Importing textures into ProAnimator

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mel2000Importing textures into ProAnimator
by on Nov 13, 2006 at 4:03:57 am

I am new to ProAnimator and am trying to use it as a means to place a decal onto part of an imported 3DS object. While I have no problem applying one of ProAnimator's materials to the object, I'd like to apply a texture of my own. However, I see no way to import things such as textures and wall/floor background images into ProAnimator.

Finally, is it possible to import more than one 3DS object into the
same scene? Thanks.

Return to posts index

Jon OkerstromRe: Importing textures into ProAnimator
by on Nov 13, 2006 at 1:48:24 pm

Mel,

The material editor is the key to 90 percent of your questionns. Yes you can apply images to your objects (targa files work great) as simple image maps, transparency maps, bump maps and reflection maps. Click the large box next to the appropriate channel. If you're using PA as a plug-in to AE, you can also use layermapping.. read about it in the docs.

If you want walls and floors, you can always add plane objects to your scene and apply materials to those planes. If you don't want the background to move, look for the large square near the word background in camera mode. You can apply a background there.

Last, you can apply multiple 3D objects from other apps. You can move them to one object track if you want. Be advised that you can apply only one material to an imported object, so you may want to break your objects into parts.

Does this help?

Jon

Return to posts index

mel2000Re: Importing textures into ProAnimator
by on Nov 16, 2006 at 12:33:09 pm

Thank you for your prompt reply Jon. Although the ProAnimator interface could stand to be more intuitive, your tips helped me a lot. I'm hitting the manuals and tutorials now and understand quite a bit more about applying, scaling, and resizing textures, backgrounds, and planar objects than I did 2 days ago. But there's still much more to go. Thanks again.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]