ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

grunge matte

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
daveyg
grunge matte
on Nov 6, 2006 at 2:23:06 pm

how can i add a grunge matte my invig text. I want it to be grungy, but I cant figure it out. I tried following the graymachine tutorial but it doesnt work the same. thanks

Return to posts index

julian06
Re: grunge matte
on Nov 6, 2006 at 5:34:49 pm

I guess you mean a Grungy Texture?I would use a Grungy picture as a Layer Map

Return to posts index

Jon Okerstrom
on Nov 6, 2006 at 7:23:44 pm

Hi daveyg,

Depends on what you want for your grunge. I would use layermapping to create and apply the grunge material to the surface of your object. I would also create a bump map using a grayscale version of the same layermap.

Jon

Return to posts index

daveyg
on Nov 6, 2006 at 10:10:20 pm

well i placed the grunge in my comp. set it to a layermap 1. but nothing happened. the grunge is still there and things arent changed. its just grunge splatter from photoshop.

Return to posts index

Jon Okerstrom
on Nov 7, 2006 at 1:21:17 am

Hi daveyg,

Assigning a layer (or precomp) to a layer is part of the process.

Now you need to be sure the material you're applying to the object includes the layermap. You'll want to either edit a material or create a new one and use the layermap popup to choose the layermap number you've assigned.

Then apply the material to the object, if you haven't done so already. Does this help?

Jon

Return to posts index

daveyg
on Nov 8, 2006 at 1:06:45 pm

almost have it, just trying to make the layermap hide some of the text instead of being bulgey. Oh yeah, then how can I get the layer map black and the rest a seperate color.

Return to posts index

Jon Okerstrom
on Nov 8, 2006 at 1:30:32 pm

Daveyg,

I think I get what you're asking - why not use a precomp as a layermap that includes your black and white grunge map applied over a solid color or whatever else you're using. Using layermaps gives you the freedom to create incredibly complex animated materials to apply to your objects.

Jon

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]