ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

Rich pixel format in zaxwerks pro animator

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nicholas PlantRich pixel format in zaxwerks pro animator
by on Nov 2, 2006 at 6:14:11 pm

Does the layer created by Pro Animator behave like a rich pixel format layer i.e. do the pixels have depth info and can a depth matt then be used with a Pro Animator layer?

Return to posts index

Jon OkerstromRe: Rich pixel format in zaxwerks pro animator
by on Nov 3, 2006 at 2:12:15 pm

Hi Nicholas,

I suspect not. I can tell you that when you use PA or Invigorator inside of After Effects and choose the "use comp camera" option, what's really happening is that Invig's camera and the comp camera are mathmatically linked to mimic eachother's movement. However, you do not get the depth of field (DOF) effect (parts in focus and parts not) you might expect the two actually exist in separate 3D spaces.

One thing you might find really interesting though is that you can use 3D data generated inside a ProAnimator project for other purposes. Essentially this amounts to importing a ProAanimator project into After Effects. You can import either the object data, camera data or both. This generates solids representing each of the object and keyframes representing their motion track. You can swap those solids for any other solid or precomp.

Hope this helps.

Jon

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]