ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

Invigorator Interface Questioins

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
RussInvigorator Interface Questioins
by on Oct 29, 2006 at 2:51:01 am

Been using Invigorator quite a bit lately and a few things which are slowing me down.

1. While in the set up window, I select an object...make some changes and then put away the set up window. If I have to make another change and go back to the set up window, I have to re-select the object. Would prefer that the selected object remain selected.

2. Would like a way to get selected objects to frame in the window the same way some of the other 3D packages do it. In Maya you select an object hit 'F' and the select fills the frame.

3. I have a lot of trouble selecting objects with the pen tool.....have to keep the pen down for a long period of time before the object is highlighted.

4. Just in general it is very time-comsuming having to continually open and close the set up window to make changes. Might this change in the future. It there a tip to make it easier?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Jon OkerstromRe: Invigorator Interface Questioins
by on Oct 29, 2006 at 5:17:50 am

Hi Russ,

You wrote: >>Been using Invigorator quite a bit lately and a few things which are slowing me down.

1. While in the set up window, I select an object...make some changes and then put away the set up window. If I have to make another change and go back to the set up window, I have to re-select the object. Would prefer that the selected object remain selected.

2. Would like a way to get selected objects to frame in the window the same way some of the other 3D packages do it. In Maya you select an object hit 'F' and the select fills the frame.

3. I have a lot of trouble selecting objects with the pen tool.....have to keep the pen down for a long period of time before the object is highlighted.

4. Just in general it is very time-comsuming having to continually open and close the set up window to make changes. Might this change in the future. It there a tip to make it easier?

Thanks
>>

A few thoughts about your comments... First, Zaxwerks is very focused on workflow. You have lots of options for working faster that you might not be using.

I guess I'll start with a question... what's driving you to go back to the setup window a lot? Normally, I create my objects and put them in their initial position right away. Once that and the lighting are done, I don't find myself going back there a lot.

One trick that could save some time for you... use the "test" function in the setup window to see a fully-rendered version of your art. On the Mac, hold down the "Apple" key and the word OKAY turns into TEST. I think it's the commmand key on PCs, but am not sure. Doing this avoids having to go back and forth a lot, just to see how a material or lighting change looks in "best quality" rendering mode.

Also, if you look at the camera popup for the set-up window and the scene preview window, you will find a "fit all" option and the "fit selected" optoin. They do the same thing, but the impact on your project is very different, depending on which one you choose, and whether you hit the "update camera" button when you leave the setup window. It's not quite the same as your "F" key example, but is available.

Last, I don't normally select objects with the pen tool unless your project is really simple. I prefer using the object pop-up menu below the setup window (you can hold down the shift key to select more than onen object), and the set selection pop-up below the scene preview window.

I hope these tips will help you work faster....

Jon

Return to posts index

RussRe: Invigorator Interface Questioins
by on Oct 29, 2006 at 6:05:58 am

Jon,

Thanks for the quick response.
The reason for having to bounce back and forth a lot is that I am working between Maya, After Effects and Invigorator. I am using using a texture map for the transparency, and previews of texture maps does not always work out. Bascially I am using models out of Maya to place my texture maps back into a Maya scene I have imported back into After Effects. Lots of unknowns here, and like I said...a lot of to and fro stuff.

Thanks for the tip on the Fit all option.....would be great if a keyboard shortcut could be added.

Thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]