ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

vector graphics from illustratorCS2

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
junior
vector graphics from illustratorCS2
on Oct 22, 2006 at 5:08:52 am

HI,

I am new to ProA and I can not seem to get a vectored graphic to import to ProA. If anyone has any words of wisdom, I would appreciate your help.

thanks
junior

rdrjr

Return to posts index

Jon Okerstrom
Re: vector graphics from illustratorCS2
on Oct 22, 2006 at 2:18:54 pm

Hi junior,

The simplest advice: Use closed, filled shapes in Illustrator. Convert any text to outlines. Uncheck the "use compression" box when you save your Illustrator file.

Does this help?

Jon

Return to posts index

junior
on Oct 25, 2006 at 5:12:33 am

Yes Jon,
that was it. I was wondering about using 3-D graphics created with illustrator as well. i forgot to type that one in.
Thanks for your response.

junior

rdrjr

Return to posts index

Jon Okerstrom
on Oct 25, 2006 at 12:08:03 pm

Hi junior,

You can make a 3D object in Invigorator out of any fillled solid shape from Illustrator. Illustrator's own ability to make artwork appear to be 3D really won't help you. (If you've been at this for a while, you can probably guess Illustrator's "3D" ability comes from the old "Adobe Dimensions" application. Those files aren't really 3D... the app uses perspective and gradients to make it appear like there's depth and 3D space.

Jon

Return to posts index

junior
on Oct 27, 2006 at 12:55:47 am

Thank You Jon, is there a better program to use as a 3D tool? To apply what the ilustrator is trying to accomplish but, would be able to integrate with the Adobe CS2? IUf you have any suggetstions I could use some. If the invigorator does this than I will just need time to find and figure out. Is the invigorater the same as the PR Anomimator?

thanks for you help
junior

rdrjr

Return to posts index

Jon Okerstrom
on Oct 27, 2006 at 2:16:06 am

Hi junior,

If you're making 3D text and logos - either animated or still - the top two choices in the world are Invigorator and ProAnimator. Nothing else on the planet comes close to the perfect combination of ease of use with powerful animation and rendering options. You can use either one to render movies or high-resolution stills for print work and further manipulation in Photoshop.

ProAnimator and Invigorator have similar modeling abilities, but differ in how they handle object motion. Go to the Zaxwerks site for some good comparison information.

I would strongly suggest spending some time getting to know Illustrator. Understanding how to make the right shapes there will really ramp up what you can do with Invigorator or ProAnimator.

Does this help?

Jon

Return to posts index

junior
on Oct 27, 2006 at 1:11:31 pm

Thanks Jon

Yes it helped.

junior

rdrjr

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>