ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

text outline & Shine

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joe Myerstext outline & Shine
by on Oct 11, 2006 at 12:31:48 pm

I have two problems with an animation I am creating.

I've successfully animated chrome text using Invigorator. It flies around the screen and looks great. There's just one problem with the text. On the edge of it you can see an intermittent fine black line following the bevelled edges. I have tried many different combinations of render setting but to no avail. Any ideas what is causing this?

When my text has finished flying around the screen and comes to rest I have some light rays shooting out from behind in time with a crescendo in the music. This all works but the shine effect softens the Invigorator text. I can get around this by duplicating my layers so you watch none-Shine layers till the light rays then cut to layers with Shine applied for the finale...but does anyone know how to achieve clear crisp layers with Shine applied throughout?

Thanks in advance.

Joe.

Return to posts index

Jon OkerstromRe: text outline & Shine
by on Oct 11, 2006 at 1:00:33 pm

Joe,

You could post a screen shot to help us figure out your texturing issue. it may just be that your division line between where one material begins and the other ends is not at the corner of the bevel. Look at the object cross section to find out.

As for shine, I would play with the transfer modes and transparency settings in the shine plug-in controls.

Jon

Return to posts index

Jon OkerstromRe: text outline & Shine
by on Oct 12, 2006 at 12:20:25 am

Hi Joe,

The image you emailed to me helps. It looks pretty normal, but you can make it better.

1) You can fix the stair stepping on the far side of the A by increasing the antialiasing setting.

2) You can make the curved sections smoother by moving the smoothness slider to a smaller number or by manually typing in a smaller number.

3) You said you are using the same material for the faces and edges. That's fine, but don't expect the reflected image to wrap from the front face to the bevels and sides... the sides are mapped differently than the front and rear faces. What you see is normal.

Does this help?

Jon

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]