ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

Need to make a pie chart split into segments with each, using video as texture

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris HuggettNeed to make a pie chart split into segments with each, using video as texture
by on Oct 6, 2006 at 7:07:22 am

Hi guys

I have a client who wants to show in a presentation how, their services are split up using a pie chart. Thing is, that each of the 9 segments, instead of being represented with a colour, have to be given a texture (video layer) of the service it represents.

Then at certain points in the video, the pie chart needs to come towards the screen and fills it full frame with the video layer.

I don't want the video to be stretched and distorted around each segment. Is there a way with invigorator i can do all this.

CHeers
Chris

Return to posts index

Jon OkerstromRe: Need to make a pie chart split into segments with each, using video as texture
by on Oct 6, 2006 at 12:17:57 pm

Hi Chris,

Some more details would be helpful.

Do you plan to map just a portion of the video to each of the pie pieces?

Do you want to map the video only to the front face and not the edges? (a whole lot easier.)

If the answers are yes, I would suggest the following:

To avoid distortinng the movie, you'll make the aspect ratio of the movie the same as the aspect ratio of each piece. This is probably best done by putting the full-sized movie into a smaller precomp, set up to be the correct size and aspect ratio for the designated piece of the pie. The precomp essentially crops the movie, but gives you the flexibility to move it around and make adjustments.

You would have to do this for each piece, but once you figure out the first one, it shouldn't be too bad.

Mapping the movie to edges is a whole different matter... and no matter how you do it, the edges won't look line up like they're simply wrapped around from the front. It's best to avoid this if possible.

Does this help?

Jon

Return to posts index

Chris HuggettRe: Need to make a pie chart split into segments with each, using video as texture
by on Oct 8, 2006 at 10:46:08 pm

thanks Jon. It does. WIll give it a try. Thanks
Chris

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]