ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

Selections+Invg 4

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jonathan L
Selections+Invg 4
on Oct 2, 2006 at 1:32:41 pm

I've built a virtual set in Invg,4 made up of many objects. One of the objects is light-stand which is constructed of primitives, Illustrator files and loads of dupilicates. When I need to move my light-stnad around I shift select all my various ojects which is really time consuming and frustrating. How do I group these objects or speed up the selection process?

Thanks

Jon

Return to posts index

Jon Okerstrom
Re: Selections+Invg 4
on Oct 2, 2006 at 6:11:23 pm

Jon,

First, you need to be clear about whether you're trying to move things in the set-up window (where you set the objects initial position) or in the scene preview window, where you're actually manipulating sets of objects rather than objects.

The simplest thing would be to assign all of the light objects to one set number. Manipulate all of the parts into position using the object tools and set-up window. You can then move the whole light anywhere you want, using the set selection tools in the scene preview window, whether you animate its position or not.

Does this help?

Jon O

Return to posts index

Jonathan L
on Oct 2, 2006 at 6:34:33 pm

I'm trying to position the objects in the setup window itself. I have an AFX camera moving around in the comp I created. I have so many little bits and pieces and I cannot marquee select the items and I need the light stand to move over a little bit to the right in realtionship with the other object I have created. I understand sets (thanks to a tutorial I think you posted) but that is more for animating the objects in the comp itself is it not? I tried asigning my light-stand elements to a different layer set and then deselecting. But when I reselected the layer set from the pulldown it didn't reselect all the objects.

Sorry if I am not being clear, I appreciate the help.

Jon

Return to posts index

Jon Okerstrom
on Oct 3, 2006 at 1:09:45 am

Hi Jon,

I really think assigning all of your light stand objects into one set number in the set-up window, then moving that set in the scene preview window is the way to go, even if you never move that set during the animation.

If you want to select a lot of objects in the set-up window, you don't have to select them in the window. You can select one of the objects in the object pop-up menu, then hold down the shift key. Now you can continue to select objects one at a time until all the ones you want are selected.

Does this help?

jon

Return to posts index

Jonathan L
on Oct 3, 2006 at 1:29:21 pm

Yes, actually that is a sensible (and now that I think about it obvious thing to do) I like the shift+select from the drop down I just wish you could select one item from the drop down and then shift select another item 10 down and get all the items inbetween. Thanks again for the time and advice.

Jon

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]