ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

pro animator

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
daveyg
pro animator
on Sep 24, 2006 at 3:47:49 am

http://www.ayatoweb.com/ae_tips_e/ae32_e.html# this link is to ayato. in pro animator how do i take one text and set it up to give me capabilites like this.

i tried doing this is invig and it worked just really hard with all the keyframes. I also am still trying to figure out the object set up stage.

if I want multiple objects in my animation are they all different layers(plugin version) or can I import one image from ae with multiple layers and use that.

hope I am making sense.

Return to posts index

Jon Okerstrom
Re: pro animator
on Sep 24, 2006 at 12:20:26 pm

Hi daveyg,

I watched the final movie in the tutorial. You can do this effect with either ProAnimator or Invigorator. In both cases you can apply the plug-in to one solid and go from there. I noticed that there are nine objects in the animation, but the @ object does not move. I suspect the animator did this to get around the 8 set limit in Invigorator.

No matter which application you chose, I would set up the letters falling part first, then worry about the camera move. If it's just text, you can use the text creation tool in Invig Pro and ProAnimator. Otherwise, you can create the text in Illustrator, convert to outlines, ungroup and import that file into either application.

In Invigorator, you'll need to assign each letter to a different set, then animate the sets.I would animate the first set containing the first letter dropping into the scene and settling into place, then copy the appropriate keyframes, select the second letter's set and paste the appropriate keyframes in the appropriate places for set 2. Repeat the process until you're done. Get the first letter's motion looking just right and it's really not that bad.

In ProAnimator, I set this up as one object track and use the cascade effect to have them drop one by one into position. You could then use one of the advanced pose options, like offset, to make the letters jump a little as they settle into place.

Does this help?

Jon

Return to posts index

daveyg
on Sep 24, 2006 at 1:24:34 pm

ive got it. but now with the offset how do I control the easing so its a little smoother. ill show it to you when im done :)

Return to posts index

Jon Okerstrom
on Sep 24, 2006 at 2:24:03 pm

Glad you're making progress.

If you're using ProAnimator, you can use the timing>ease controls for transitionsin the advanced settings. If you're using Invigorator, you can use AE's ease function or edit the keyframe curves manually.

Jon

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]