ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

After Effects and the Illegal Drug Trade in Burma!!

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
dan811After Effects and the Illegal Drug Trade in Burma!!
by on Sep 21, 2006 at 5:12:19 am

Sorry for the sensationalist title. I've sometimes had no responses so I thought an inflammatory Subject might help

I'm trying to create a World globe and zoom into Burma to fill the screen. I've done this by wrapping a 10,000 x 7000 pixel sized Targa around a Sphere [radius 2000] in Invigorator and keep getting constant memory errors. I have a Quad G5 with 4.5 gigs of Ram and AE6.5.1 & INVIG 4.8. These are the errors which I can't seem to get much info about:

-After Effects warning: memory inefficiency due to 2 unbalanced checkouts ( 26 & 248 )

-After Effects: not enough memory to create U_MemTrackedObject. (1K requested, 0K available)

- After Effects Error: Failure during Render (4) ( 25& 60 )

If I reduce the Layer to 90% it starts to work. The problem is I need to zoom into Burma to fill the screen [1024x576] which means the entire layer map should really be 20,000 pixels across otherwise it starts to pixellate.

I'm not sure if it is an Invigorator or a AE problem. If anyone has any suggestions that would be great.

Danny

Return to posts index

Jon OkerstromRe: After Effects and the Illegal Drug Trade in Burma!!
by on Sep 21, 2006 at 12:15:58 pm

Hi Danny,

It does sound like a memory or caching error, though I'm not a programmer, so I can't say for sure. You might want to investigate AE's "schecret" settings. (Do a search for the word in the AE forum to learn more about them.)

What I would also suggest is breaking down your project to make it as simple as possible. In other words, render out the Invigorator globe object separately from any other things going on in the scene, then use the intermediate movie (alpha channel and lossless format) to continue on with the project.

Hope this helps.

Jon

Return to posts index

dan811Re: After Effects and the Illegal Drug Trade in Burma!!
by on Sep 21, 2006 at 12:52:52 pm

HI JON

Thanks for the suggestion. I have already tried the secret settings. A series of passes also isn't an option as I only have 1 layer that is INVIG.

Here is another post that may explain things further.

My issue is I have an AE6.5 project that keeps falling over due to RAM issue:

-After Effects warning: memory inefficiency due to 2 unbalanced checkouts ( 26 & 248 )
-After Effects: not enough memory to create U_MemTrackedObject. (1K requested, 0K available)
- After Effects Error: Failure during Render (4) ( 25& 60 )

My setup is

-a Quad G5 with 4.5 gigs of Ram and AE6.5.1 & INVIG 4.8

The weird thing is I get the first frame rendered each time I set it off then it falls over with the FAILURE error. It sounds like a maxed out RAM prob but I have the secret setting to purge every frame and tried a few different Ram cache settings which I imagine are over ridden anyway.

So my questions are:

01. What is the magic fix?
02. With the 2g limit and the way Nucleo works [ I don't have it] I imagine I would just get 4 frames before it fell over. Does this sound right?
03. If a project falls over due to RAM issues Nucleo will not fix this as it just better utilizes the processors/writing to disk when rendering which results in a speed increase. Is this right?

Thanks

Danny

Return to posts index

PukkascottRe: After Effects and the Illegal Drug Trade in Burma!!
by on Dec 21, 2006 at 1:57:11 pm

Hi Danny. Wanted to know if you worked this problem out as I am experiencing identical problems, although I am working on a PC.

I wrapped a targa round an Invigorator sphere and when I try to render it out I can only get 13 frames done before I get the same failure notice (25::60)you had. When I exit the programme I get the memory inefficiency error message (26::248).

I am using Invigorator Pro 4.07 (haven't worked out how to upgrade) so did an upgrade to V4.09 solve your problem?

My video card is a 256MB ATI Radeon X1300 pro so I can't believe that's a problem.

I have tried having OpenGL on and off with no difference.

Any suggestions welcomed.

Scott

Return to posts index

Nicholas PlantRe: After Effects and the Illegal Drug Trade in Burma!!
by on Sep 21, 2006 at 5:13:10 pm

http://www.mapsinminutes.com/intro.html has worldwide maps in illustrator vectors, which might be an option rather than the mega image targa file.

Return to posts index

Zax DowRe: After Effects and the Illegal Drug Trade in Burma!!
by on Sep 22, 2006 at 1:21:10 am

HI Dan,

First, try the new version of Invigorator just posted. 4.0.9 has several enhancements under the hood and you may find that it works.

There is also an option in the User Prefs that will keep high rez maps in memory, rather than dumping the memory between frames. This will speed things up a lot, when large maps is involved.

If it doesn't work let us know. This may just be a product of throwing too much data at your video card. You may need to do a dissolve between a medium rez spherical map and a close up map of your target country put onto a flat plane that is sitting in register with the country on the sphere. As you zoom in the sphere fades out releaving the high rez map.

Best,
Zax

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]