ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

Hi-Quality OpenGL problem

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
life_at_30fps
Hi-Quality OpenGL problem
on Sep 20, 2006 at 5:13:19 pm

I have been using ProAnimator 4.02 with After Effects 6.5 for months with no problems. The only issue I ever had was that sometimes when using the Invigorator 3D engine, AE would not render out some materials (only the wireframe would render). I found that by using the Hi-Quality OpenGL engine, everything rendered fine.

However, suddenly that has stopped working. Now, if I render with the Invigorator engine I just get wireframe. If I switch to the Hi-Quality OpenGL, I get NOTHING. Just a black screen. It won't even show the ProAnimator animation in the preview window unless I turn off the "high quality" setting in AE.

I have made no changes to the computer at all. Yet, this just started happening today.

Please help!

Glendon

Return to posts index

Jon Okerstrom
Re: Hi-Quality OpenGL problem
on Sep 21, 2006 at 3:27:24 am

Hi Glendon,

What you describe sounds very strange.

The native Invigorator rendering engine should be able to handle all kinds of rendering, including wireframe, transparency and the rest.

Open GL rendering has always been somewhat limited. It has historically not been able to do transparency or wireframe rendering or hidden line rendering and won't do those things now on ProAnimator 4.2 for me.

Please create a simple test project and run through the options to see what works and what doesn't. It could be you have a corrupt preference file or a video driver issue, but it's hard to say.

Jon

Return to posts index

life_at_30fps
on Sep 21, 2006 at 4:14:34 pm

It seems I have the most problems with the Invigorator rendering engine in these two situations:

1. wireframe materials (it just renders as vector line drawings, if that description makes sense)

2. black or very dark materials (often it just renders those as if they are transparent)

I prefer the Invigorator engine, because it's faster. But the OpenGL would actually do the wireframe and black materials before. It just stopped all of the sudden. I don't really know how to troubleshoot my drivers and such. I use a Canopus DV Storm video card, and it is still working on all the other software such as Premiere Pro.

Glendon

Return to posts index

Jon Okerstrom
on Sep 21, 2006 at 6:15:18 pm

Glendon,

What you describe sounds absolutely normal.

The wireframe option can render normally or with the hidden line option. You won't see lines across the front or rear faces of your objects, normally. If you DO want wireframes across the faces of your objects, go to the object stats area and enable meshing. Enter higher numbers and hit apply. Then watch the density of the mesh increase on your object. (This is with Invig renderer only - NOT with Open GL.

Also, take a look at the dark materials giving you problems in the material editor. Note that they may have some transparency enabled or may be used as a mask... you may not realize that.

Does this help?

Jon

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]