ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

Illustrator layers importing into AE Invig Pro

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
bdriver@mojohouse.com
Illustrator layers importing into AE Invig Pro
on Sep 19, 2006 at 10:30:31 pm

Hi All,

I'm sure I'm missing something very simple, but it's thrown me for a loop for the past couple of hours. I'm trying to import an Illustrator logo into Invig with layers. I only have six layers, each being a letter. I can see the layers in Illustrator. I save the file out as Illustrator 8, outlined paths. I choose the layers option in Invig and it opens fine. Only when I use the selection tool in Invig, it selects the entire logo. Now, I know I have the layers in Illustrator and have even named them. I feel like what I'm missing is in Illustrator. What am I doing wrong?! Of course I want each letter to do it's own animation and would like to use the sets in Invig.

Thanks so much for your help.

Bree

Return to posts index

Jon Okerstrom
Re: Illustrator layers importing into AE Invig Pro
on Sep 20, 2006 at 12:03:17 am

Hi Bree,

My bet is that you're trying to select individual letters in the scene preview window. What you're actually doing is selecting the set containing all of the objects. This is happening because by default, the incoming objects are all placed in one set. (Think of sets as invisible containers into which you can place one or more objects. When you animate in Invigorator, you are animating sets, not objects.)

To change this, you need to click the red ball to go to the set-up window. There you can select individual letters and assign them to different sets using the set number pop-up below the window.

When you do that, then go back to the scene preview window you'll be able to control the sets containing individual letters individually.

Does this help?

Jon

Return to posts index

bdriver@mojohouse.com
Re: Illustrator layers importing into AE Invig Pro
on Sep 20, 2006 at 4:38:07 pm

As usual, right on the money. That worked! I knew it was something simple on my end I was missing. Thanks so much.

Bree

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]