3d flag close up

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
s!
3d flag close up
by
on Sep 15, 2006 at 12:35:16 pm

Hi all,

I've been looking for some stock footage of a uk flag. Theres a lot around, but man its not cheap. 3d flag looks great and very resonably priced. I've down loaded a demo for AE but am having trouble getting what i need. I'm sure this is the product buy but I need to make sure i'll be able to achieve what my client wants before actually spending the money.

I'm trying to make a flag that covers the shot. Like close up. I keep trying to increase its size but the flag drops to the bottom left side. I've fiddled with its locked points and edges but...

Also I can't slow it down.

I need a nice slow motion flowing flag, up close. Can anyone help? My deadline is approachung rapidly.

Please don't pay out on me for not having a clue with this plug in. I really want it to work.

Return to posts index

Jon Okerstrom
Re: 3d flag close up
on Sep 15, 2006 at 12:47:07 pm

Hi s!,

3D Flag can absolutely do what you want. Add a camera to your scene, standard settings. Try the lazy steady preset and decrease the gravity to 2 or less. Use the camera position controls to fill the screen with your flag.

This should get you pretty close. The other thing - try to use a high-resolution flag image if you're going to see it up close.

Jon

Return to posts index

Matt Rhodes
on Sep 15, 2006 at 2:30:23 pm

Hi s.

Jon is right. You can get close to the flag by either adding a 3D Camera layer or by using the built-in camera that the 3D Flag effect offers.

There is a chapter in the documentation called "How To Make Flags Look Large." This will give you a few pointers on making your flag look grand. I should note that you can make your flag look huge without actually changing the physical size of the flag. The "large" effect somes from changing other parameters, like meshing and friction.

Good luck and let us know if you have any more questions.

Matt Rhodes
Zaxwerks, Inc.

Return to posts index

Jon Okerstrom
on Sep 16, 2006 at 12:40:29 am

And one more way to fill the screen: use the size from width and height parameter and dump in some really big numbers... like maybe 3000 by 2000.

Jon

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]