ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

Mac Book Pro & Invigorator

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Side FX
Mac Book Pro & Invigorator
on Aug 20, 2006 at 7:33:21 pm

Having some issues getting 3D Invig (3.0.1) to work right on my new Mac Book Pro. Not only does it
crash A LOT, but apparently, the old version of Illustrator (8 - which is the only version I've used that
produces "usable vector files") will not run/install on the new system. Meanwhile, Ill CS files don't look
like they're recognized at all, as they produce "no usable vector files". Is there a work-around besides
buying Invig 4 (don't have the $400 bucks to spare), and does 4 actually remedy any of these
issues?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Jon Okerstrom
Re: Mac Book Pro & Invigorator
on Aug 21, 2006 at 4:01:36 am

Hi Side FX,

First of all, go ahead and install Illustrator CS or CS2. Since you're using an older version of Invigorator, you'll need to use the export command and choose a legacy Illustrator format. You won't find the option under Save As... The newer Illustrator verions will work fine.

You didn't say which version of AE you're using, but that choice, in combination with the relatively old version of Invigorator may have something to do with the crashing.

For what it's worth, you could upgrade to Classic 4.0 from 3.0 for less than $100 dollars. That would likely solve your crashing problem -- though you'll still be running under rosetta until AE and the plugins are offered in universal format.

Does this help?

Jon

Return to posts index

Side FX
Re: Mac Book Pro & Invigorator
on Aug 21, 2006 at 5:55:49 pm

Very much, thanks. BTW, AE 6.5 - and the 3D plug-in is on my employer's machine, so if I want it for myself I wouldn't have the upgrade option. I'll shop around.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]