ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

ProAnimator and tracking AE 3D layers

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
DreamWalker
ProAnimator and tracking AE 3D layers
on Aug 14, 2006 at 6:24:32 pm

We just got ProAnimator at work and I have found that Invigorator Pro can track 3D layers from AE. I can't believe that this is not an option in ProAnimator, especially considering the price difference between the two applications and the fact that ProAnimator is an "Upgrade" to Invigorator. To me, this is something that is essential.

Is the 3d tracking something that might be added to ProAnimator in the future, or do I have to "downgrade" to the more practical Invigorator Pro from the crippled ProAnimator?

Return to posts index

Jon Okerstrom
Re: ProAnimator and tracking AE 3D layers
on Aug 15, 2006 at 12:30:12 am

Hi DreamWalker,

From the perspective of a fellow user, it's really not fair to call either application crippled. Both have advantages for certain situations.

3D tracking in Invigorator Pro is certainly nice, but ProAnimator 4 can do even better than that, if you're open to a different way of thinking.

As you've probably discovered by now, ProAnimator is great for creating very complex and smooth motion paths for objects and cameras. This is where ProAnimator shines, compared to the powerful Invigorator. Take the process one step farther...

You can apply the object or camera data you've created inside of ProAnimator to any other layer or precomp in the After Effects timeline. Simply save the ProAnimator project file and import the data into After Effects 7. AE creates placeholder layers in the timeline and all of the keyframes necessary to have them mimic the motion you've created inside ProAnimator, but in After Effects space. Of course, you can switch out the placeholder layers with any other layer or precomp.

Wrap your head around that concept and see what you can do. I can think of a ton of different ways to use this feature.

Jon

Return to posts index

DreamWalker
Re: ProAnimator and tracking AE 3D layers
on Aug 21, 2006 at 5:38:53 pm

Hmm.. That does seem interesting. When I have some free time I'll have to experiment with importing the ProAnimator animation data into AE.. It just seems to me that both programs are so similar that I don't understand why they would leave this feature out of their more expensive software when it so useful.. I would really hate to have my company go buy Invigorator just for that functionality, or for a new version of ProAnimator to include the 3D tracking after we've purchased both.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]