<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
grelencoRender issues
by on Aug 5, 2006 at 3:07:36 am

I'm running AE7 Pro with Invig Pro 4.08

- Dual Xeon 3.2's
- 2GB DDR2
- 256mb nVidia 6800 GS PCIx nVidia driver 9131
- XP Pro

I recently upgraded from AE6.0 & Invig Pro 3.x on a much lesser machine and never had these problems there...

I'm finding the only way to have what I'd consider to be acceptable anti-aliasing is to max out the anti-aliasing to 5x5+1.5. I've tried both invig renderer and OpenGL (obviously prefer OpenGL). Anything less has highly visible stair-stepping. Any suggestions out there?

Return to posts index

Jon OkerstromRe: Render issues
by on Aug 7, 2006 at 3:17:53 am

Hi grelenco,

You shouldn't have to max out the antialiasing. I could be wrong, but it sounds like the rendering settings may not be correct. What settings are you using?

Jon

Return to posts index

grelencoRe: Render issues
by on Aug 9, 2006 at 3:57:27 pm

Hi Jon,

Thanks for getting back to me.

Do you mean the AfterEffects render settings? That layer's set to 'best'...haven't bothered to render one out to a clip yet since I'm assuming at this point that's a waste of time. The same problem exists with either the Invig render engine or the OpenGL.

I'm starting to think it's some other setting, too...I've reproduced the same problem on my laptop which has a different video card (still nVidia, though), drivers, ram etc.

Return to posts index

by on Aug 9, 2006 at 6:04:46 pm

Okay, we've eliminated some possibilities.

Feel free to send me an image and ae project file jokerstrom1 (at) mac.com. I don't need other support files.

That's probably the fastest way to figure out what's going on.

Jon

Return to posts index

grelencoRe: Render issues
by on Aug 9, 2006 at 7:26:50 pm

They're on their way...thanks for your help!

Greg

Return to posts index

by on Aug 10, 2006 at 1:57:02 am

Okay, the files really help.

The models are fine. The issue, at least on my machine is the OpenGL renderer. On a flat, reflective surface, there is very visible stairstepping with OpenGL. The render is normal using Invig's standard renderer. I'm going to investigate further.

Jon

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]