ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

3D flag and 3D space

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dan8113D flag and 3D space
by on Aug 1, 2006 at 3:15:04 pm

I don't know a great deal about 3d flag but was wondering if it can be used like INVIGORATOR. ie position a flag in 3D space with 2d AE elements and zip a camera around it. I know INVIG well but Flag seems like it is very much a 2d app that renders 3D flags but over flat imagery. Is that the case?

At the moment I can even seem to make a FLAG layer larger than 640X480 PIXWhat I want to do is position a flag at a certain x,y,z space and circle it with the camera. Not possible?

Return to posts index

Matt RhodesRe: 3D flag and 3D space
by on Aug 1, 2006 at 3:48:31 pm

Hi Dan.

3D Flag is as 3D as the Invigorator. You can fly cameras around the flags and create flags of any size.
You can even use transparent image maps to create flags with non-rectangular shapes.

The only aspect of 3D Flag that is still 2D is the flag poles. They're 2D images that sit in 3D space (which works in most cases).

If you have more specific questions, feel free to ask them here.

Matt Rhodes
Zaxwerks, Inc.

Return to posts index

Dan811Re: 3D flag and 3D space
by on Aug 2, 2006 at 1:07:34 am

hi Matt

you're always such a great help on these forums. Hope they're paying you the big bucks !

If I set up a scene using 3d models in invig, 2d models in AE and a 3D flag...is it possible to set the postion of the flag exactly where i want in 3d space? say attached to one of the 3d models. I realise there will be foreground & bgd issues as they're not really all in the same 3d space but just want to know if possible before I devote the time trying.

Thanks again Matt!

Danny

Return to posts index

Jon OkerstromRe: 3D flag and 3D space
by on Aug 2, 2006 at 2:28:13 am

Danny,

Depending on the movement you want, you may be able to actually put the flag into the Invigorator 3D space.

The trick is mapping the flag animation to the front face of a plane that's in the Invigorator scene. Turn off visibility of the side and rear faces because you don't need them. Animate the position and orientation of the plane as if it's the flag.

To get it to work, be sure to render the flag movie with an alpha channel. This will be important when you use layermapping to put the flag on the plane object. The flag movie should have the same aspect ratio as the plane.

Does this help?

Jon

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]