ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

ProAnimator - want to preserve relative motion of machine parts while move machine

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nicholas PlantProAnimator - want to preserve relative motion of machine parts while move machine
by on Jul 26, 2006 at 6:34:54 pm

I have created a machine in ProAnimator - its a sort of forge that forges logos. I now want to reuse that model in other scenes but change the position. i.e I want the machine parts to retain their relative motion while moving the entire machine. Obviously could just reanimate all parts individually but the machine motion is quite complex so what I would like to do is to be able to preserve that relative motion. Any ideas - have thought about (but not yet tried) 3D plane tracking whole set in AE but was hoping to do entirely in ProAnimator.

Return to posts index

Jon OkerstromRe: ProAnimator - want to preserve relative motion of machine parts while move machine
by on Jul 27, 2006 at 12:35:45 am

Nicholas,

Why not add a camera track and just animate or move the camera?

jon

Return to posts index

Nicholas PlantRe: ProAnimator - want to preserve relative motion of machine parts while move machine
by on Jul 27, 2006 at 4:42:07 pm

I don't think just adding a camera track will work because I need to use the AE camera and the whole machine motion will be relative to other objects in other AE layers in view.

Return to posts index

Jon OkerstromRe: ProAnimator - want to preserve relative motion of machine parts while move machine
by on Jul 27, 2006 at 5:54:16 pm

Hi Nicholas,

Using the AE plug-in version of ProAnimator, try clicking the use comp camera option in the effects control panel for ProAnimator.

You'll keep all of your object motion. Using the comp camera option may work depending on what's happening with your AE 3D layers.

Jon

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]