ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

Have ProAnimator installed - AE file received uses invigorator effects - how to use?

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nicholas Plant
Have ProAnimator installed - AE file received uses invigorator effects - how to use?
on Jul 22, 2006 at 4:40:57 pm

I have Zaxwerks ProAnimator installed. I have received an After Effects file that makes use of Invigorator effects. No problem I think as ProAnimator does every thing that Invigorator does and more. BUT how to tell AE to use ProAnimator where it is looking for Invigorator. Obviously I could either install Invigorator or reproduce effect from scratch in ProAnimator but I am hoping for a neater workaround.

Return to posts index

Jon Okerstrom
Re: Have ProAnimator installed - AE file received uses invigorator effects - how to use?
on Jul 24, 2006 at 4:54:51 am

Hi Nicholas,

ProAnimator and Invigorator can both read the same object file formats, including .zxo, the native Zaxwerks format. This format allows you to share fully-constructed objects, with materials applied. If you have access to Invigorator, you could export the objects in your scene in the .zxo format, then import those objects into a new ProAnimator scene, to save some time building the elements.

Because ProAnimator and Invigorator handle motion in completely different ways, you can't just replace the Invigorator effect applied to a layer with a ProAnimator effect.

Does this help?

Jon

Return to posts index

Nicholas Plant
Re: Have ProAnimator installed - AE file received uses invigorator effects - how to use?
on Jul 24, 2006 at 4:24:41 pm

Yes that helps - at least I know that essentially I have to have Invigorator. Be nice if there was a little conversion utility.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]