ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

Problem wrapping texture around object

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Patrick LajkoProblem wrapping texture around object
by on Jul 21, 2006 at 9:30:22 pm

I have a problem wrapping a texture around an object.
It is a bowling pin created in Cool-3D Studio then exported as a 3ds file. Swift 3D imports it with no problem.
In ProAnimator I imported the 3ds object then added the texture material (a TGA file for the image of a bowling pin surface). All looks OK except a narrow wedge that seems to have everything blurred.

Is there any way to find the cause of this?

Return to posts index

sergeRe: Problem wrapping texture around object
by on Jul 21, 2006 at 9:44:27 pm

Hi,

It sounds like a bad UV mapping issue. If you have 3DS, import your object and apply a new UV mapping.

BTW. Why don't you just create the bowling pins using a custom edge?

Have a look at http://www.nyc-visual.com for an example.

Salut.
Serge

Return to posts index

Patrick LajkoRe: Problem wrapping texture around object
by on Jul 22, 2006 at 12:58:11 am

I'll try your suggestions.
Being new at ProAnimator, I hadn't thought of wrapping a custom edge around a stick.

If I have to redraw it, I will. That's easy compared to the work we did to create a dozen realistic bowling pin surface textures. The pin is really 2 objects: the pin body and the base.

I saw a bowling pin on your site. I emailed you an example of what we have been doing. We're making animations for Brunswick scoring systems. Proanimator excites me because of the ease of animating text - like "SPARE" or "Perfect Game" and it has true shadows that fall on objects (which Cool 3D doesn't have)

Return to posts index

SergeRe: Problem wrapping texture around object
by on Jul 22, 2006 at 5:24:07 am

[Patrick Lajko] "Being new at ProAnimator, I hadn't thought of wrapping a custom edge around a stick."

I am not sure if you got me right here. You should apply a custom edge to a tinny circle not a stick. Let me know if you need more help on this one.

[Patrick Lajko] "I emailed you an example of what we have been doing."

I didn't get anything. E-Mail me again if you want at (serge_01 at msn dot com)

Salut.
Serge

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]