ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

PA in Multiple AE sequences

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
CurtisPA in Multiple AE sequences
by on Jul 16, 2006 at 4:14:08 pm

I used the stand-alone ProAnimator to create a scene that requires 20 versions. So I decided to use AE to version and render. As far as I can tell, PA stand-alone will render only one scene at a time. I applied the PA plug-in to a solid, Open a new scene, then opened a PA scene, and versioned each one. So now I have 20 AE comps that each have a unique PA scene. The PA scene is the only item in each 18 sec. comp. I have all comps in the render queue. The first comp renders fine. The second comp fails at around 25 frames, and all subsequnet comps fail at 00;00.

I find that restarting AE allows me to render the next item in the queue, but I went to AE so that I could have a queue so that I wouldn't have to relaod and hit render every 45 minutes.

Currently, each comp is a duplicate of the original. My next experiment will be to create a new comp with a fresh PA plug-in for each version.

HP xw8000, Windows 2K, 3Gb RAM; Dual-Processor provided no advantage over single. Dual-Proc actually increased the render time!

All suggestions and comments are welcome.

Curtis

Return to posts index

Jon OkerstromRe: PA in Multiple AE sequences
by on Jul 16, 2006 at 11:55:38 pm

Hi Curtis,

Very interesting challenge. I haven't tried what you're doing with verioned renderrings. It may have to do with how AE's render queue calls on the ProAnimator plug-in and application. I saw your post on the AE list.

Let's see if Matt jumps in with his observations.

Jon

Return to posts index

Matt RhodesRe: PA in Multiple AE sequences
by on Jul 17, 2006 at 3:32:16 pm

Hi Curtis.

If you could send me a sample project (the .aep file -- no media files necessary),
I'd be happy to see what the problem is.

You can send files to: matt@zaxwerks.com

Thanks.

Matt Rhodes
Zaxwerks, Inc.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]