ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

Proanimator 4.02 error/crash in AE 7

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alan Parma
Proanimator 4.02 error/crash in AE 7
on Jul 14, 2006 at 4:09:32 am

Hi
i'm running PA 4.02 on AE 7, mac os 4.7 on the 1st gen dual 2.0 g5.

i'm updating a proj. done in ae 6.5 with a pa layer in it. now, i've opened the proj in ae7 and need to tweak the PA layer. first of all, the setup window flickers and i can't access it. i switched apps (alt-tab), and returned to the setup window and it worked. when i switch to the timeline window, it does the same flickering thing. i try to switch apps and then click on the timeline window and then it works again. when i click done, AE crashes. i reopen the file, and this time it crashes before letting me do anything, saying "crash occured while invoking proanimator".

so next i removed PA from the plugins folder and reopen my project. i delete the PA layer that i was working on, close ae, and put the pA plugin back on the plugins folder. however, i still have other comps that use the PA plugin. i hoped this would work, but it still says the same thing (crash occurred...). tried trashing preferences but it sill does this.

is there an update to proanimator that will fix this, or is there another thing i can try?

thanks.

Return to posts index

Jon Okerstrom
Re: Proanimator 4.02 error/crash in AE 7
on Jul 14, 2006 at 7:34:51 am

Hi Alan,

You have the latest version of ProAnimator, so I can't suggest that. I do have a couple of ideas.

First, try trashing your AE preferences file.That sometimes fixes things.

Second, do you still have AE 6.5 installed? If so, I would suggest opening the project in AE 6.5, launching the ProAnimator plug-in, and saving the ProAnimator scene file from the ProAnimator plug-in interface. This will allow you to open the ProAnimator portion of the project in the stand-alone ProAnimator app. Try opening that scene file in the stand-alone. If that works, we're half way there.

At that point, go back to your AE 7 project. I would then get rid of the problem layer and PA effect. Start with a fresh layer, to which the ProAnimator effect is applied. Then instead of creating an object or importing an Illustrator file, use New Scene>Open scene to get to your ProAnimator scene file. Hopefully, starting this way will get around whatever corruption exists in your old AE file.

I'm not sure if this will work, but it just might. Let us know how it goes.

Jon

Return to posts index

Matt Rhodes
Re: Proanimator 4.02 error/crash in AE 7
on Jul 14, 2006 at 5:44:39 pm

Hi Alan.

Would you mind sending me the project that no longer works?
You seem well versed in handling troublesome files, so I may
not be able to offer much until I test the files here.

Feel free to send me multiple projects (no media files -- just .aep files) if you have them.

Send files to: matt@zaxwerks.com

Matt Rhodes
Zaxwerks, Inc.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]