ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

Everytime I try to render in Pro Animator it crashes!

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
FromPartsUnknownEverytime I try to render in Pro Animator it crashes!
by on Jul 1, 2006 at 10:05:20 pm

Hello,

Here is my system info:

iMac
Intel Core Duo 2 GHz
L2 Cache (shared): 2 MB
Memory: 1 GB
Bus Speed: 667 MHz
Graphics Card: ATI Radeon X1600

Everytime I try to render in ProAnimator 4.0.2 it crashes... and I mean everytime. I have the most recent version of OS10 and everything :(

Return to posts index

Jon OkerstromRe: Everytime I try to render in Pro Animator it crashes!
by on Jul 2, 2006 at 4:00:30 am

Hi Parts,

Interesting.

I'm still on a PowerPC Mac... waiting for the new "big box" machines to come out.. hopefully to be announced any day. Of course, the rest of the wait will be for Adobe to give us Universal Binary versions of AE and the Creative Suite. .. that'll be next year, sometime, I guess.

In any case, I suspect you're running ProAnimator via Rosetta... my understanding is the software is not universal binary yet, though I could be wrong.

Are you trying to run it as a stand-alone, or as a plug-in for After Effects? From what I read, AE really doesn't do well under Rosetta either... trying to use AE and ProAnimator via Rosetta together may be more than Rosetta can handle. The stand-alone version may work when the plug-in won't. Then again, it just might not work on a MacTel machine yet. I've not seen any other reports like yours. Maybe Matt or Zax will jump in with some comments.

As a general theory, I suspect that all AE developers are waiting on Adobe to make a Universal Binary version of After Effects availalbe before they can really certify and release Universal Binary versions of their plug-ins. We can only hope Adobe is pushing hard to get it done.

Jon

Return to posts index

Jon OkerstromRe: Everytime I try to render in Pro Animator it crashes!
by on Jul 2, 2006 at 4:03:29 am

A quick follow-up...

For what it's worth, I search Apple's list of all Universal Binary apps... Zaxwerks isn't on the list yet.

Jon

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]