ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

layermap video to a plane issue

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Julian06
layermap video to a plane issue
on Jun 4, 2006 at 4:40:03 pm

Hi
I did the 3d ribbon text effect with invigorator and it works.
[Jon Okerstrom] "you could create a simple rectangular plane and layermap the movie of the person to the front face of the plane."

It works to layermap the movie of the person to the plane but it's rather impossible to give the plane the right size, so that the person will look like in the original footage!Any tricks ?The person is distorted,aspect ratio is incorrect!Is there a rule when you layermap movies?

Return to posts index

Julian06
Re: layermap video to a plane issue
on Jun 4, 2006 at 4:56:43 pm

one more question
I've got two objects,a cylinder+a plane in the same scene.
Transparency map for the cylinder is an animated text layer=>wraps around the cylinder.
In the middle of the cylinder is a plane(video as a layermap).
My question:How can i drop shadows from the cylinder to the plane?In other words, i want to drop the shadow of the text(cylinder) on the Video.

Return to posts index

serge
on Jun 4, 2006 at 7:20:57 pm

Hi,

Create a plane at the same aspect ratio then your movie. For example if your movie is, 720 X 480, create a plane that is 720 X 480.

Although you could drop a shadow from your whole cylinder, unfortunately you won't be able to drop a shadow representing your letters only as the drop shadow function in Invigorator doesn't recognize the alpha channel yet.

Send me a still from your clip and I will see what I can do for you. (serge_01 at msn dot com)

Salut.
Serge

"InvigoMany" Available here:
http://www.nyc-visual.com

Return to posts index

cowcowcowcow
Julian06
on Jun 4, 2006 at 8:13:26 pm

Hi

[serge] "Create a plane at the same aspect ratio then your movie. For example if your movie is, 720 X 480, create a plane that is 720 X 480"

Sometimes it can be that easy :-)
Thank you

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]