ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

Looking for Texture

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
seminewbie
Looking for Texture
on Jun 1, 2006 at 12:29:42 am

I guess this is as about as good a place as any to thanks the creators of the Invigorator for creating a product which has kep me working. Remember....no matter how much they like your 2D the client really wants 3D.

Having gotten that off my chest I was wondering if someone could point me in the direction of a high-quality chrome texture I can use in Invig Classic 3.12.

The one that comes with it is useful but has many blue portions which make it unsuitable for some uses. I am looking for just chrome all of the time.

Any refraction characteristics I need I can add as part of the
creation process if required.

Thanks.......Dan

Return to posts index

Jon Okerstrom
Re: Looking for Texture
on Jun 1, 2006 at 2:43:09 am

Hi Dan,

Invigorator's recipe for chrome starts with a black material, to which a reflection map is applied. Reflectivity is very high - 100 percent in the default chrome material that comes with Invigorator. A bright, fairly tight highlight is also part of the chrome material.

The blue you're seeing is in the reflection map... you might think of it representing the sky. Choose a different reflection map without blue and it'll go away. I would suggest creating or finding a reflection map representative of the environment your object will inhabit. If your chrome isn't polished to a mirror-like finish, you might add a subtle bump map, but that's up to you.

Does this help?

Jon

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]