ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

Help with making paths in Illustrator for Pro animator 3

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
DavidHelp with making paths in Illustrator for Pro animator 3
by on May 23, 2006 at 9:48:43 pm

I am using Illustrator CS2 and want to use Vector paths to draw an image. Then i want to import that image in to Zaxwerks pro animator. How do i access Vector paths so that i don't get any error messages when i attempt to import the file in to pro animator?

thanks

David

Return to posts index

cowcowcowcowcow
Jon OkerstromRe: Help with making paths in Illustrator for Pro animator 3
by on May 24, 2006 at 12:22:38 am

Hi David,

When you save your Illustrator file, be sure to uncheck the 'use compression' box. That should enable ProAnimator to see your vector-based art. By the way, PA likes closed, filled paths. You don't want or need bit-mapped elements or Illustrator gradients to create the basic shapes.

Does this help?

Jon

Return to posts index

DavidRe: Help with making paths in Illustrator for Pro animator 3
by on May 24, 2006 at 6:43:50 am

Jon thank you for answering my cry for help.

i think i have tryed almost every possible configuration. When i attempt to insert an AI file in to Pro animator it always says "Not enought memory to complete this operation" Then that is it.

I think the fundemental problem is, i don't think i am making paths properly in Illustrator.

Look forward to your reply.

David G

Return to posts index

Jon OkerstromRe: Help with making paths in Illustrator for Pro animator 3
by on May 24, 2006 at 1:14:52 pm

Hello David,

Does the same memory error happen with other Illustrator files?

Aside from unchecking the file compression box, and using only vectors in the file (filled, closed paths are best), there's not much else to say about Illustrator files.

Also, be certain you're using the most current version of PA 3.x that's available. Visit the Zaxwerks.com site, downloads area, to see about that.

Jon

Return to posts index

DavidRe: Help with making paths in Illustrator for Pro animator 3
by on May 26, 2006 at 9:16:47 am

Thank you to every one who helped and suggested things to do. I have managed to sort the problem by going back to Illustrator 10.

all the best

David

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]