ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

3d Slate for 3DI?

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
lasvideo3d Slate for 3DI?
by on May 11, 2006 at 3:08:12 pm

I have just started a project that needs a Camera Slate as an element for the open. Anybody know where I can get one that can be altered (slate info) in 3DI / AE ...either free or for a reasonable price?

Return to posts index

Jon OkerstromRe: 3d Slate for 3DI?
by on May 12, 2006 at 12:12:45 am

Hi lasvideo,

Try 3dcafe.com if you need to, but a model like this should be a snap in Illustrator and Invigorator. Just reposition the pivot point of the clapper set so it looks like it hinges corrrectly.

Jon

Return to posts index

sergeRe: 3d Slate for 3DI?
by on May 12, 2006 at 2:32:04 am

Hi,

Jon is absolutely right. Nothing is easier then creating a classic film slate with IL and Invigorator.
I am working right now on "InvigoMany" volume two and I already created a film slate.
If you are not in a rush I will send you the file tommorow when I get to the office. E-mail me at serge_01 at msn dot com.

I am almost done with an old mic using the classic version btw and would love to know what you guys think of it:
http://www.nyc-visual.com/Old_Mic.jpg
http://www.nyc-visual.com/Old_Mic_Top.jpg
http://www.nyc-visual.com/Old_Mic_Low.jpg

InvigoMany volume two will be about "Media" objects. If you have any wishes let me know. Thanks

Salut.
Serge

"InvigoMany" is now available here:
http://www.nyc-visual.com

Return to posts index

lasvideoRe: 3d Slate for 3DI?
by on May 12, 2006 at 3:39:33 pm

Thanks everyone. Im not familiar with Illustrator and have a fairly quick turn around on this project. Serge, I appreciate your offer and tried to email you but got "unrecognized" from Outlook. I can be reached at tomd8@cox.net. Please let me know what I owe you and the best way to make payment on the slate.
Tom

Return to posts index

by on May 12, 2006 at 6:31:39 pm

Hey Tom,

Check your e-mail.

You owe me nothing, buddy. Having created InvigoMany doesn't mean we stop the goodies in this forum.
Open the illustrator file to see how you could create these kind of simple objects.
If you open this project using Invigorator Pro or Classic version 4 you may need to rearange some elements as this version was created using Invigorator Classic 3.0.9 that has a different world axis.

Here is the link for others who might be interested:
http://www.nyc-visual.com/Film_Slate.sit

Looks like this:
http://www.nyc-visual.com/Film_Slate.jpg

Salut.
Serge

Return to posts index

by on May 13, 2006 at 2:46:23 am

Thanks Serge. The slate is perfect.I opened the project in AE7 and the camera was quite slow, so I created a new project and imported the original and 3DI seems more responsive. I am blown away by the
creative ways you generated the various surfaces of the slate. Using masks and noise and blurs is
a much better way then just using bitmaps, especially if I want to get close up to it. I stand in awe
of your work and look forward to see what Vol.2 will include. Your attention to detail is amazing.
Thanks again . (So you built it all in Illustator huh...I guess after finishing my Total Training CS2
Photoshop DVD I may be wise to learn more about it. In the past its unfamiliarity put me off, but
it seems powerful. I do have Lightwave 8....will Modeller serve the same function and play well with 3DI?)
Tom

Return to posts index

by on May 13, 2006 at 5:23:59 am

Hi Tom,

Glad we could help.

[lasvideo] "I do have Lightwave 8....will Modeller serve the same function and play well with 3DI?)"

I personally use Maya, but I often used Lightwave objects and they worked perfectly with Invigorator. The trick is that you have to comprise your UVW coordinates when you save your object and that you should separate your object in several parts if it needs different textures.

[lasvideo] "Using masks and noise and blurs is
a much better way then just using bitmaps, especially if I want to get close up to it."

You got it! The real power of Invigorator as well as ProAnimator is that they enable you through layer mapping to create all sorts of hi-rez maps (Max: 4000 X 4000) and this, without leaving AE. Furthermore You can animate the maps if necessary.

To avoid slowing down you RAM or final render you should concider saving a still or movie (In case you animated your texture) then replace your rendered file with the original comp. This way AE will not have to work on the effects, lights, masks etc... that you may have used to create your texture.

Salut.
Serge

Return to posts index

cowcowcowcowcow
by on May 13, 2006 at 6:08:01 am

A question about using Modeller....

"The trick is that you have to comprise your UVW coordinates when you save your object"

What is comprising UVW coordinates? I am not familiar with the term or process? Also, since Im sure keeping an object "simple" (points & polygons) is best for manipulation and rendering in 3DI....is Illustrator or Modeller better suited for quick and easy creation of basic objects? Any other tips when saving from Modeller in addition to the UVW and seperate object ones?
Tom

Return to posts index

SergeRe: 3d Slate for 3DI?
by on May 13, 2006 at 6:21:14 pm

Hi,

What I meant is when you are done modeling your object you should place a UV coordinates onto your model and then export your object. This way Invigorator will be able to read this coordinates and map your texture accordingly. Best you check the help section of your 3D program on UV mapping.

[lasvideo] "is Illustrator or Modeller better suited for quick and easy creation of basic objects?"

I personally prefer to use Illustrator for simple objects instead of creating them using Maya or C4D.
Don't forget also that the Invigorator Pro version allows you to create your own custom edges in Illustrator.

Salut.
Serge

Return to posts index

Jon OkerstromRe: 3d Slate for 3DI?
by on May 12, 2006 at 11:18:55 pm

Very nice model, Serge.

Personally, I favor the RCA 77 DX... like the one I used in college radio. Can't beat the tone from a ribbon mic like this one.

I may try modeling that one myself.

Jon

Return to posts index

by on May 13, 2006 at 1:31:23 am

Hey Jon,

Glad you like this model.

I love the look of the RCA 77 DX. It will also be included in the volume among other old ribbom mics.
As you said their sound is just great and I love the 30s & 50s look those mics have.

All the best.
Serge

Return to posts index

julian06Re: 3d Slate for 3DI?
by on May 13, 2006 at 11:13:29 am

[serge] "I am almost done with an old mic using the classic version btw and would love to know what you guys think of it"

looks perfect!!Did you use custom edges for this object?

Return to posts index

by on May 13, 2006 at 6:40:15 pm

Hi Julian06,

Trying to make everyone happy... I first try to create an object without the use of a pro only feature. Once I managed to do so, I then go ahead and make a pro version only if I think it could even look better. This first mic was donne using the classic version so it didn't use any custom edges only a bunch of mapping tricks.

Glad you like the look.

Salut.
Serge

Return to posts index

raystarRe: 3d Slate for 3DI?
by on May 23, 2006 at 2:59:41 pm

Serge:

It's not funny how impressive that Mike looks!

It's the kind of thing that is Intimidating, then inspiring for a relative newcomer to Invig. I dl the slate file and can't wait to dig into it, for me at least it's the kind of thing that can be even more informative than a tutorial.

Thanx.

Return to posts index

cowcowcow
by on May 23, 2006 at 10:03:10 pm

Hi Raystar,

Many people like to learn from projects. That's why I created "InvigoMany".

In addition to the slite you could also download a couple of other Invigorator projects at http://www.nyc-visual.com

Have fun.

Serge

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]