Illustrator/zaxwerks importing problem clipping masks

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
cowcowcowcow
ProdGuy
Illustrator/zaxwerks importing problem clipping masks
on May 9, 2006 at 10:32:33 pm

Ok, here we go,
I have some great artwork from a client that I would like to take into Invigorator Pro and make 3D. Sounds easy, the origional file is an Illustrator file with vector paths. Here's the problem. On a portion of the artwork, I have encountered "clipping masks." I am no expert in Illustrator, I know enough for the basics. But, when I bring in the file to Invigorator Pro, the portion of artwork with the clipping mask looks like a large multi-colored block instead of the cool artwork as viewed in illustrator, hummm. How do I get rid of the clipping mask and get a usuable vector path from this artwork without going to the major hassle of basically outlining the artwork all over again? And if I do outline it, I loose the cool gradient effects that the clipping masks provide. Any Ideas???

Return to posts index

Jon Okerstrom
Re: Illustrator/zaxwerks importing problem clipping masks
on May 10, 2006 at 12:11:25 am

Hi ProdGuy,

Invigorator really only needs filled solid shapes. Any fancy gradients or clipped bit-map art won't be of value to you, in terms of creating the shapes.

To release a clipping mask Illustrator help suggests you do one of the following:
Select the clipping mask with the selection tool, and choose Object > Clipping Mask > Release.
In the Layers palette, select the target icon or click in the selection column adjacent to the object that you no longer want to use as a clipping mask. Alternatively, you can select the layer or group listing that the clipping mask is located within. Choose Object > Clipping Mask > Release.
Select (highlight) the layer or group listing that you no longer want to use as a clipping mask. Click the Make/Release Clipping Masks button at the bottom of the palette, or choose Release Clipping Mask from the palette menu or Object > Clipping Mask > Release from the application menu.
Because the clipping mask was assigned a fill and stroke value of None, it is now not visible unless you select it or assign it new paint attributes.

If you do have some cool gradients or other art you want to keep, you can turn them into bit-mapped images and apply them to the front faces of the appropriate objects.

Does this help?

Jon

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]