ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

Can't view tutorials

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Fred MatthewsCan't view tutorials
by on May 5, 2006 at 9:15:18 pm

Do I have to have Illustrator to view the Tutorials? I have 3D Invigorator and I can not figure it out and thought I should view the tutorials but they won't open without Illustrator CS2.

Can I not do anything in the application itself? Does it only work with Illustrator files? I don't have Illustrator and really can't afford to get it right now but I would like to use my Zaxwerks application.

Any help would be great. Thanks.

Return to posts index

Jon OkerstromRe: Can't view tutorials
by on May 6, 2006 at 12:26:54 am

Hi Fred,

Most likely, the tutorials you're talking about include AE project files which open with After Effects and Illustrator files, which are part of the start of many Invigorator projects. Even if you don't have Illustrator, you should be able to open those files and convert them into 3D with Invigorator. The application ships with Illustrator example files you can try. If you have the pro version, you can create 3D Text without Illustrator.

Beyond the tutorials, you may be able to get by for a while by exporting Illustrator paths from Adobe Photshop. However, this is a short-term solution. To make the most of Invigorator, you really should have Illustrator.

Jon

Return to posts index

Fred MatthewsRe: Can't view tutorials
by on May 8, 2006 at 3:45:55 pm

Okay, I think my boss is going to allow me to get Illustrator so that should be taken care of.

Now, another question. When I apply my 3D Invigorator 3.0.9 to a solid in the AE timeline a window appears asking for an Illustrator file. I can get past that fine. But I see in the documentation that I should be getting a window that has the four options on it...Create 3D Text, Open Illustrator File, Create New Scene and Open a Scene. Is that true for my version or only newer versions? Will my version do anything besides turn objects into 3D and change the look through the presets?

Return to posts index

by on May 8, 2006 at 4:17:40 pm

Another question.

I have an Illustrator file made by our marketing dept. of the letter "S". I am trying to use it as a fullscreen wipe. My problem is that as I increase the size of the image I get cut off by edges that appear to form a square around the object. What might I be doing wrong here?

Thanks

Return to posts index

by on May 8, 2006 at 6:13:57 pm

Make sure the solid to which you've applied the invigorator effect is the same size as the comp.

Does this help?

Jon

Return to posts index

by on May 8, 2006 at 6:15:01 pm

Hi Fred,

It appears you may have the Classic, rather than the Pro version.

You can find a full comparison of the feature sets here:

http://zaxwerks.com/product_comparison.shtml

Jon

Return to posts index

cowcowcowcowcow
by on May 8, 2006 at 7:01:40 pm

I had sized it down and just overlooked it. Thanks for that.

I do believe that I have the Classic version. Over the past few hours I have gotten a lot further with my logo and the move that I need it to make. There is still a lot that I am having problems with but nothing that a bit of experiementing can't solve.

I can't seem to find a documents file for the Classic only the Pro. Is there one that I can download on the website?

Return to posts index

by on May 9, 2006 at 12:17:35 am

The combined pro and classic docs can be found here:

http://zaxwerks.com/docs.shtml

Please be aware that these are for version 4.0, but the basic modeling and texturing features work the same.

Good luck with your project.

Jon

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]