ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

Transparency Materials & Shadows

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dan811
Transparency Materials & Shadows
on Apr 19, 2006 at 2:31:44 pm

Hi Guys

Got an INVIG question I think you'll simply tell me INVIG say's no.

I have some Blue screen footage I've attached to a plane primitive as a material. It has a keyed transparency which all works fine cutting out the subject from the blue screen. However I want it to cast a shadow. Unfortunately it seems INVIG doesn't pay attention to the material transparency when shadows are cast so that rather than just the keyed subject casting a shadow the whole plane casts a shadow.

Is there any way around this? I really don't want to use the keyed subject outside INVIG as an AE layer as I'll have to use matts for foreground and background elements which will be a pain.

Also... what's happening with INVIG 5? Is there one in the works? It's been a while and I'm suspecting you guys are losing interest... of course this must my paranoia only? INVIG is a great app but could do with some upgrading esp with 3d Models.

Thanks for your help

Danny

Return to posts index

kurt murphy
Re: Transparency Materials & Shadows
on Apr 20, 2006 at 3:42:08 pm

The only workaround is to go OUTSIDE of Invig... I posted this a few weeks ago to Matt and he was surprised to see that layer maps did NOT cast shadows. I think they're working on Invig 5 soon... You may want to e-mail Zax or Matt (matt@zaxwerks.com) and ask them to add this feature to Invig 5.

kurt

Return to posts index

Dan811
Re: Transparency Materials & Shadows
on Apr 23, 2006 at 2:15:05 pm

Thanks Kurt

It's a really annoying oversight. Hope there's a new Invig on it's way soon

Danny

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]