ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

Bubbles

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lumpy
Bubbles
on Mar 30, 2006 at 5:10:48 am

Hello
Does anybody have a good formula to make a soap bubble effect? I am using the 3D Invigorator (not Pro).

Client wants the product label to be reflected in bubbles. (Product = soap).

I am muddling through this and thought I should ask around. None of my attempts have been 100% satisfying. One thing I am wondering is if there is a way to get a "Wet Look".

By the way the PDF manual says that to make a Sphere, use a small dot with the Edge Profile called Semicircle. However, as far as I can tell, there is no Semicircle edge profile. I'm using the Half Pipe edge profile.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Jon Okerstrom
Re: Bubbles
on Mar 30, 2006 at 2:21:53 pm

Hi Lumpy,

Halfpipe is correct. To make the bubble look real you'll want to use a reflection map which includes your product.. you'll probably want to add some fake reflective elements.. You'll also want to play with the highlight settings.

Jon

Return to posts index

Lumpy
Re: Bubbles
on Mar 30, 2006 at 5:43:55 pm

Thanks Jon
I ended up doing this with a different plug-in (particle generator set on low production). In Invigorator I wasn't able to easily strike the right balance between transparency, reflectiveness, and readability. I realized that the true 3D aspect to the Invigorator was not crucial to my project. I am generating particles with a custom particle instead.

I love the 3D Invigorator, it's totally awesome. But I don't get a chance to use it that often, so when I need to use it, it's too deep and I struggle with it.

I think I will sit down and do some wood-shedding with the Invigorator, in the future.

Thanks Jon and thanks Creative Cow.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]