ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

Golfball

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
chase
Golfball
on Mar 20, 2006 at 4:45:54 am

I'm trying to create a 3d golfball in Zaxwerks and can't get anything to look good (let alone decent). I thought it would be soooo simple, but nothing looks even close to what I want. As of now I am using a primitive and mapping a golf texture on it. Maybe the texture is wrong (where can I find a good texture?) or my settings. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Return to posts index

Got2BTru
Re: Golfball
on Mar 20, 2006 at 5:33:24 am

You need a good bump map to get the dimples to look right. Here is one that I found for another program. It needs some modifications to work properly. Here is the link: http://www.thehive.se/images/golfball.jpg If you take it into Photoshop and crop and stretch it so it is the same height and width with the same seams, it will do better. In zaxwerks, give the bump map a positive value and adjust to your liking. Keep in mind that you might have to render the frame out to see what the bump map looks like when it is applied. It isn't perfect, but it is quick. Email me if you have any questions at Lighthouse@lbcministry.org.
-Jim

Return to posts index

chase
Re: Golfball
on Mar 20, 2006 at 7:03:07 pm

Thanks for the bump map. Looks like I will need to mess with it but it is already looking better.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]