ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

Importing C4D model

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
JodyJoImporting C4D model
by on Mar 15, 2006 at 8:49:17 pm

Does anyone know the secret to importing a Cinema 4D model into Zaxwerks?
I managed to make a decent looking apple in C4D and was hoping to then import it into Zaxwerks to make a spinning apple, but when I try "importing a 3D model" I get the message "unable to be imported...perhaps wrong file format selected...or unsupported version."

The manual only says "try resaving the file in an older version of the format or try using a different format". What does that mean? C4D doesn't allow saving in different/older formats.?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated. It's probably something very simple but I've tried everything that I could find in every manual/tutorial I have.

thanks!

Return to posts index

JodyJoRe: Importing C4D model
by on Mar 15, 2006 at 9:01:16 pm

Hi-
After going through the archives I noticed one message from Serge that read that models made from NURBS cannot be imported. Is that the answer?

thanks!

Return to posts index

Y.D.Re: Importing C4D model
by on Mar 16, 2006 at 1:28:49 am

Saving the c4d model as .3ds, I was able to bring it into Invigorator. I believe the model was a nurb, if I recall correctly.

For some reason, only 3ds format worked for me at the time.

Good luck

Return to posts index

JodyJoRe: Importing C4D model
by on Mar 16, 2006 at 5:35:29 pm

I tried your suggestion and still no luck. Thank you for your response! I guess I'll keep trying.

Return to posts index

Solie SwanRe: Importing C4D model
by on Mar 19, 2006 at 4:48:33 pm

Had the same problem with C4D 9.1. Under the support section of the ZW site it has a sentence to the effect that it only supports files created with Cinema GO! which I don't think is even available anymore. You can export your file out of C4D as a Wavefront obj file which does seem to work but it flattens the components and stips out the textures.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]