ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

can't use zaxwerks invigorator for 2 minutes without AE to crash

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mballomcan't use zaxwerks invigorator for 2 minutes without AE to crash
by on Mar 13, 2006 at 8:45:33 am

I dunno if some one else experienced this or can help me find out whats wrong but i can't use the invigorator for even 2 minutes without AE 6.5 to crash forcing me to exit and reopen a new project.

I am running a 2800 KHz CPU, 512 Meg RAM. Might it be my system or something else? I can understand 3D are expensive in ressources. Could raising my RAM help?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Tim VaughanRe: can't use zaxwerks invigorator for 2 minutes without AE to crash
by on Mar 13, 2006 at 11:53:28 am

It wouldn't hurt. But, what are your Zax internal settings? Are you running the Zax renderer, or the Open GL renderer. Open GL can cause your computer to crash, especially when you do not have a supported open GL card. Also, the render settings in Zax could be set too high. The default is around 3, and if you run too high with a computer that does not have a supply of RAM, hard drives, etc,, it can be a factor. You may try to reset Zax to default, and see if that has any effect. Hope this helps.

Tim

Tim

Return to posts index

Justin ProductionsRe: can't use zaxwerks invigorator for 2 minutes without AE to crash
by on Mar 13, 2006 at 4:20:44 pm

I have the same processor and the same amount of RAM as you and I never had problems with Zaxwerks Invigorator. So I guess the solution wouldn't be to buy some RAM Memory.

I suggest you go with mballom's advice.

Hope that helped.

Justin Productions
Tangerin01@hotmail.com
Adobe After Effects 6.0 Professional

Return to posts index

Adolfo RozenfeldRe: can't use zaxwerks invigorator for 2 minutes without AE to crash
by on Mar 13, 2006 at 10:23:03 pm

I don't know if it's the case, but there are Invigorator updates that are required for each AE version. I don't know if you can use Invigorator 3.0x at all with AE 6.5, and for Invigorator 4, you probably need a minor update (I guess even more for AE 7) you can dl from Zaxwerks' zite.

Adolfo Rozenfeld
Buenos Aires - Argentina
http://www.adolforozenfeld.com
adolfo(AT)adolforozenfeld.com

Return to posts index

jonradRe: can't use zaxwerks invigorator for 2 minutes without AE to crash
by on Mar 17, 2006 at 4:16:27 pm

I am going to go on record here and suggest that invig (which is a great piece of software when it works) has an inherit memory leak. I have a dell workstation with a nividia pro 500 grfx card and 2 gigs of ram. I have found consistently that the more elaborate my animation ie the more elements with in a invig layer I have traveling at different paths(sets) the more prone to crashing during render. I have found that if I pre comp the layer it does not solve the render issues. I have also found that as I am building my project I eventually freeze up and or have difficulty previewing the longer I have the project open and invariably must quit out and re- open the same file I then am able to preview again. If I ram test I eventually get memory errors or cannot ram test more than 1 or 2 seconds in a 10 second project.I do not know wether the issue is with ae7 or invig but there is some bad mojo here and we have six workstations at NBC and all experience the same issues. I welcome any suggestions
Jonrad
jon.conrad@nbcuni.com

Return to posts index

mballomRe: can't use zaxwerks invigorator for 2 minutes without AE to crash
by on Mar 17, 2006 at 6:17:00 pm

"If I ram test I eventually get memory errors or cannot ram test more than 1 or 2 seconds in a 10 second project.I do not know wether the issue is with ae7 or invig"

Got same problems too, in my case the error message is fatal i can't even ram prev for 1 sec, and have to quit then reopen project. I am still at AE6.5 so i don't think it's relative to AE7.

Return to posts index

Zax DowRe: can't use zaxwerks invigorator for 2 minutes without AE to crash
by on Mar 17, 2006 at 10:19:28 pm

The first thing to always check for is to make sure you are running the latest version of the software. Go to the Zaxwerks Site and Click the Download Software link. This will take you to a page which has a Product menu near the bottom. You don't need to enter your name and other data to see the Product menu. Open the menu to see a list of the current products and their version numbers.

Because of how systems change, video card drivers change and host softwares change we are always chasing down new problems. Maintenance and bug fix updates are always free. We don't charge for maintenance releases. For instance in 4.0.7 we made a change to use fewer OpenGL resources. So changing from 4.0.6 to 4.0.7 may fix the problem for you.

The second most common problem may be with your video card. Get the latest driver from your card manufacturer. You can also reduce the Hardware acceleration slider to see if the problems go away. There may be some advanced thing your card is doing with OpenGL that is causing a problem to show up. Never reduce hardware acceleration to less than half.

The intermittent problems are the hardest to track down and fix. Keep an eye on it and try to find a repeatable case.

Best,
Zax

Return to posts index

bsidesRe: can't use zaxwerks invigorator for 2 minutes without AE to crash
by on Jun 16, 2006 at 8:58:16 pm

I've noticed the same issue on my work PC. I don't have invig, but I do have AE 7.0. I've noticed that unless I restart AE during the day, eventually my ram is consumed. Initially I can preview about a min. then, like you mentioned, I can only preview seconds. If I continue to use AE eventually I'm unable to view even one one frame (it usually crashes before this point though). I think AE 7.0 is the culprate in this case.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]