ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

rotating text around a shpere in Pro Animator 4

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Emeryrotating text around a shpere in Pro Animator 4
by on Mar 9, 2006 at 10:20:34 pm

Im trying to create text that rotates around a sphere... actually i dont care about the sphere as long as the text behaves as *if* it were rotating around the sphere .

What I have tried:

Pose 1 - set to "circle y," I adjusted my range and size to my liking.

Pose 2 - using "rotate around common center I rotated the y 360 degrees. When you playback there is no transition, obviously this is because my 2nd pose ends in the exact same position as my start pose, but should the pose account for the numeric values ive entered? I tried rotating y 180 degrees and now it moves but its path is not set around the circle. All the letters just jumble through the center to find their new positions.

So then i tried changing the range value in pose 2 instead of the y rotation and i get the same result... letters jumble through the center.

How do i get text to simple travel around in a looping circle???

Thanks,
Emery

Return to posts index

Jon OkerstromRe: rotating text around a shpere in Pro Animator 4
by on Mar 10, 2006 at 1:34:21 am

Hi Emery,

Try this using the advanced controls:

Create a pose for your text. In your pose, choose cylinder wrap>horizontal bend with the rotate around cylinder center checked. Adjust the bend to determine how tightly the letters arch around the center.

Now in the pose action presets, choose pose grouping>spin y and enter your rotation number. The length of the pose determines how long it takes for the text to do its thing.

Is this what you're after?

Jon

Return to posts index

emeryRe: rotating text around a shpere in Pro Animator 4
by on Mar 10, 2006 at 5:40:35 am

yes this is exactly what i want to do. However, I just realized that I was running the demo of pro animator 4 and the company i work for only has a license for v. 3. What are the steps to achieve this in v. 3? If I recall, v 3. cannot distrubte around a cylinder ?

Return to posts index

Jon OkerstromRe: rotating text around a shpere in Pro Animator 4
by on Mar 10, 2006 at 2:16:57 pm

Hi Emery,

You're right. I used new features in ProAnimator 4 to make it happen. I'm not aware of a way to accomplish the same effect in ProAnimator 3. Your best bet is to get the upgrade -- the wrap feature is just one of many very significant improvements.

Jon

Return to posts index

EmeryRe: rotating text around a sphere in Pro Animator 4
by on Mar 10, 2006 at 3:21:58 pm

Thanks Jon, I think Im going to get my company to upgrade to 4 so I can do this.

One more question...

When I set it up as you described, how can i rotate the axis of the entire circle AND its path together? Currently if i rotate the axis of the text, it rotates alright but its path stays put, so now it circles in this weird undulating motion. Id like the path to be locked to the normal of the text object. Any ideas?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]