ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

Rendering Problems with Invigorator layers

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
suradtaylor
Rendering Problems with Invigorator layers
on Mar 6, 2006 at 11:36:01 pm

Each time I try to render my project, it stops after a few frames. Then I noticed that if I turn off the invigorator layers (about 3), the comp renders. But once I turn on the Invigorator layers, the rendering just crashes.
Pls any tip?

Return to posts index

Jon Okerstrom
Re: Rendering Problems with Invigorator layers
on Mar 7, 2006 at 1:26:55 am

Hi suradtaylor,

The answer may depend on your system - specifically how much RAM you have - as well as the complexity of the objects being rendered. Lots of polygons require lots of RAM to render. Whether you're using Invig's native renderer or Open GL may also play a role.

First, I would suggest checking to be sure you're using the current version of Invigorator and drivers for your video card.

Second, anything you do to streamline the project may also help.

Failing that, you could pre-render the Invigorator layers and replace them with the movies of the rendered objects. (I favor pre-rendering in many cases anyway, because it's faster if you're experimenting with effects applied to the Invigorator art.

There may be an obvious answer, but we'd need to know your system information to take a stab at that.

Does this help?

Jon

Return to posts index

suradtaylor
on Mar 7, 2006 at 3:56:08 am

SYS Spec:
AMD Athlon(tm)XP 1900+ 1.48GHz, 1GB RAM, XP SP2, VGA (Geforce4 MX440)

project description:
animating these words in invigorator "NEWS AT 10" each word on a layer, with a pre-rendered background movie. total project duration is 30sec. (with the the invigorator elements on screen for less than 10sec)

Thanks

Return to posts index

Jon Okerstrom
on Mar 8, 2006 at 2:12:51 am

Thanks for the specs.

Based on that, it looks like you have plenty of RAM and those words should be no problem for Invigorator, so far as polygon count goes.

It may be some sort of system conflict, but I'm just guessing. (I'm Mac-based.) I'd advise giving Zaxwerks tech support a call or an email. Zax or Matt may also chime in here... they're great at figuring out puzzles like this.

Jon

Return to posts index

brian551
on Apr 25, 2006 at 4:43:29 pm

I'm having the same problem. Except it just started doing it in a project that I have rendered before just fine. It will run for maybe 15 or 20 frames and just stop, no error message or anything. I need to get the project out so I have been letting it render as far as it will go, then after it stops, see how far it has gone and start from that point. So in the end I will end up with a time line in my avid with lots of little 15 frame cuts.

I tried messing with the memory and cache setting but I can't seem to get a good combo to help.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]