ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

Vector Paths

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mykelbVector Paths
by on Mar 4, 2006 at 6:14:25 pm

I'm using After Effects 6.0 Pro w/ 3D Invigorator plug-in.
I've created a new solid layer and attempted to open an Illustrator
file. It always gives me the following message:
"No usable vector paths in file". Is this something I missed while creating the Illustrator text or something in After Effects?

Return to posts index

Jon OkerstromRe: Vector Paths
by on Mar 4, 2006 at 8:06:01 pm

Hi mykelb,

Did you convert your Illustrator text to outlines?

Jon

Return to posts index

mykelbRe: Vector Paths
by on Mar 5, 2006 at 12:27:45 am

I'm not sure I'm converting my text to outlines. What I have dove is right click on the title tool and select outline. I then type my info and save as eps. When I bring it into After Effects no go as mentioned earlier. I have noticed that when my system is trying to open an Illustrator vector file it states Illustrator 8 or earlier.
My file is created w/ version 10.

Return to posts index

by on Mar 5, 2006 at 4:01:06 am

Try this:

In Illustrator, select the text you've created. From the Text pulldown menue choose text>create outlines. This changes your text to regular objects which Invigorator can understand.

Also, save your file as Illustrator format rather than eps. If you're using the current version of Invigorator, you can use Illustrator CS version files, though you should turn off the compression option. If you're using an older version of Invigorator, you can use the export function in Illustrator CS to create a legacy Illustrator file format, like Illustrator9.

Last, if you're using Invigorator, there's no need to import the Illustrator file itself into your AE project, which it sounds like you may be doing. The Invigorator plug-in can open the file where ever it is.

One or more of these tips should get you going. If you're still stuck, let us know.

Jon

Return to posts index

mykelbRe: Vector Paths
by on Mar 6, 2006 at 4:12:03 am

Thanks Jon your advice pointed out something you may or may not have intended. Upgrading my version of Zaxwerks corrected my issue allowing me to use illustrator files ( created on my Mac)and to now create my own 3d titles within the app.
So much to learn so little time!

Return to posts index

KevinMRe: Vector Paths
by on Mar 7, 2006 at 8:22:54 pm

What did you do to get the update? I am having the same issue.

Kevin

Return to posts index

by on Mar 8, 2006 at 2:34:41 am

Hi Kevin,

You can get free updates from zaxwerks.com in the support>download software section.

Jon

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]