ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

dinner time

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mark cookmandinner time
by on Feb 14, 2006 at 4:19:22 pm

I have a simple dinner plate .obj model in invigorator AE and I'm trying to put a comp made of concentric coloured rings onto the surface as decoration.
I cant get this layermap texture to sit properly on the top of my model - layer map offset helps bring everything to the top plate surface but my circles are pinch distorted towards the center of model.
Is there a fix?
- I built the plate in maya by rotating a curve about y axis.

Return to posts index

Jon OkerstromRe: dinner time
by on Feb 15, 2006 at 2:20:56 am

Hi Mark,

If you can post an image of the issue, we'd love to see it.

My guess is the construction of the plate is indeed contributing to the pinched texture map. Invigorator uses UV mapping to determine how the map is applied. That fact is likely the root of the problem and key to the solution However, I'm not familiar with Maya, so I can't tell you how to make adjustments there.

From my point of view, you would probably have an easier time building and mapping the dinner plate as an Invigorator-native object. Depending on the complexity of the profile, you could use one of the default bevels or a custom bevel. Mapping the pattern to the face of the plate without distortion would be no problem.

Does this help?

Jon

Return to posts index

mark cookmanRe: dinner time
by on Feb 19, 2006 at 11:32:02 am

[Jon Okerstrom] "Invigorator uses UV mapping to determine how the map is applied. That fact is likely the root of the problem and key to the solution"

Thanks a lot Jon , as soon as I fixed the UVs on my maya model all is fine.
regards
Mark

Return to posts index

Jon OkerstromRe: dinner time
by on Feb 19, 2006 at 4:01:25 pm

Thanks for the update, Mark.

Glad to hear fixing the uv coordinates on your model worked.

Jon

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]