ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

Problem with reselecting text

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John RichProblem with reselecting text
by on Jan 26, 2006 at 4:40:10 pm

I was working with some wireframe text per John Dickinson's tutorial and I decided to make the text bigger. I double clicked the text and the text editing window appeared, but the window was so big I couldn't see the font size box. I clicked the close box and then double clicked the text again and this time the window was so big the close box wouldn't fit on the screen. The text editing box couldn't be moved and nothing else would respond except cntl-alt-delete which revealed all three AE,Zaxwerks and the text editor were running. When I selected text editor to "end task" Ae shut down.
This happened twice with Invig Pro 4.06. Just wanted to let you know. I don't remember this happening with earlier versions such as 4.05.
John Rich

Return to posts index

John RichRe: Problem with reselecting text
by on Jan 26, 2006 at 6:00:45 pm

Sorry to add to this, I repeated opening Invig pro 4.06 selecting 3d text and the text editor came up, again too big to see the top part, and the more I open the text editor from any site, beginning, effect control, or editing window, the bigger the screen gets.
For some reason, cntl enter brings back the material editing screen. I can't use the program now because I can't select the font etc.

John Rich

Return to posts index

Matt RhodesRe: Problem with reselecting text
by on Jan 27, 2006 at 12:00:33 am

Hi John.

Try deleting your preferences and try again.

To delete your preferences:
1. Locate the folder where the Invigorator is stored (in the AE plug-ins folder)
2. Find the file called "Zaxwerks Invigorator Prefs"
3. Delete it.

Let us know if this works for you.

Matt Rhodes
Zaxwerks, Inc.

Return to posts index

by on Jan 27, 2006 at 12:19:27 am

Thanks Matt, but I had already done that and it still did it. I still had the 4.05 folder on my desktop, so I dragged the 4.06 out of the AE plug in folder and put the 4.05 folder back in the plug in folder and the problem was cured.
What next?
John Rich

Return to posts index

by on Jan 27, 2006 at 1:38:06 am

Hi John.

Can you send me a screenshot?

Send it to: matt@zaxwerks.com

Thanks.

Matt Rhodes
Zaxwerks, Inc.

Return to posts index

by on Jan 27, 2006 at 1:51:52 am

Matt, thanks for working on this. I don't know how to do a screen shot. Besides, I already took the 4.06 folder out of AE so I could use it with 4.05. I was thinking the best thing would be to send the 4.06 back to you so you could see it in person. The only problem is, I don't know how to rezip things either. Let me know what you want me to do. I really have to use this zaxwerks to make some titles. Thanks.

John Rich

Return to posts index

by on Jan 27, 2006 at 4:11:32 pm

Hi John.

Please send me your email address (send an email to matt@zaxwerks.com).
I'll send you a pre-release version of 4.0.7 which may solve your problem.

You're running on Windows, correct?
Which version of AE are you using?

Thanks.

Matt Rhodes
Zaxwerks, Inc.

Return to posts index

by on Jan 29, 2006 at 4:42:13 pm

Matt,

The same creeping of the text editing box started when I was using 4.05. Even with the top OK and Cancel boxes behind the monitor frame, I dragged on the right side of the box and it shrank down enough to see them again. Then I was able to pull the whole screen down by pulling on the blue top of the screen. I should add I am using a dual monitor setup. I still think it(the text editing box) gradually grows with use for some reason, but this seems to be a temporary fix.
I sent you some representive screen shots which I hope explain it better.
John Rich

Return to posts index

by on Jan 31, 2006 at 1:16:03 am

Another way I found to close the text editing box from the keyboard is to hit CNTL-Enter for some reason, so this gets around the problem. However, I noticed the Memory leak error (23::38) has been occurring.

John Rich

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]