ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

3d Flag Jumping issue

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
buijon3d Flag Jumping issue
by on Jan 13, 2006 at 2:16:49 am

I want to fade the image on the flag from various images, so i have 3 images all lined up with the same flag preset. About %70 of the time they all line up and flow nicely, but the other 30 they seem to reset after a almost 1 second of playback. Other times if i change the layer (though they are all lined up and all have the exact same settings) they get animated differently. Any idea why?

Return to posts index

John DickinsonRe: 3d Flag Jumping issue
by on Jan 13, 2006 at 3:12:48 am

Matt can probably answer this from a technical perspective but I have to ask are you using After Effects? If you are why not place your images in a precomp, do your dissolves between the images, then apply the 3D Flag effect to the precomp layer in the main comp. That way you only have one 3D flag effect to deal with, less layers overall and greater flexibility. Let us know if this doesn't make sense or you need more help :)

JD

John Dickinson
Motionworks
http://www.motionworks.com.au

Return to posts index

buijonRe: 3d Flag Jumping issue
by on Jan 13, 2006 at 9:30:09 am

yes i`m using after effects...and how would i make a precomp layer? sounds helpful heh. much better than rendering out all the flags separate and then blending them

Return to posts index

buijonRe: 3d Flag Jumping issue
by on Jan 13, 2006 at 9:33:04 am

very sorry, i figured out what you meant. I wasn't aware flag could use a video file to be its texture. Wow. The things you can learn in such a short time. Thank you VERY much!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]