ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

Invigorator limitations

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Vince BeckInvigorator limitations
by on Jan 10, 2006 at 3:51:51 am

This is actually a 2 part question. I am still using a demo version of invig.

I am working with both c4d and ae. I am still having issues exporting files from c4d to 3d invig.

I know that you recommend exporting as a previous version (5.0), but I can't seem to find that option in my version (9.0)

I currently export as 3d studio with mixed results.

Second, can I really use 3d invig as a bridge to ae and what are its limitaions.

Thanks a lot.

Vince

Return to posts index

Jon OkerstromRe: Invigorator limitations
by on Jan 10, 2006 at 6:12:35 am

Hi Vince,

While Invigorator does many things very, very well, its ability to deal with objects imported from other 3D aps is somewhat limited. For example, it does not support all of the texture mapping options you'll find in Cinema, Lightwave, Maya, etc. Nor does Invigorator import IK, object parenting or deformations. For those reasons, I wouldn't consider Invigorator a bridge between Cinema and After Effects. Invig does offer basic object import functions but in many cases, your better option would be to render movies from Cinema and composite them in After Effects.

Having said that, Invigorator does offer huge advantages over Cinema and the other aps I've mentioned, when it comes to creating certain kinds of animation very quickly and easily. I would much rather build flying logo and text animations in Invigorator Pro for After Effects or in ProAnimator, than I would in any other 3D application out there. No other apps can touch the speed, power and workflow advantages. In some cases, Invigorator's ability to export models for use in other apps is also useful.

Hope this helps.

Jon

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]