ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

CD Shape

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
lasvideoCD Shape
by on Dec 31, 2005 at 4:23:19 pm

I dont use Illustrator at all, but I am attempting to create a CD shape for 3DI without alot of success. I created 2 circles using the ellipse tool in the shape of the CD and the center hole. When I save it and import it I get the overall shape without the hole removed. I looked high and low for a way to delete the hole in Illustrator, but nothing seems to be similar to the way I would delete the hole in Photoshop. Can anyone give me the "hole" story?

Return to posts index

Jon OkerstromRe: CD Shape
by on Dec 31, 2005 at 4:36:19 pm

Hi lasvideo,

In Illustrator, you want to create two circles - one for the disk and one for the hole. Select them both then use the compound path>make command.

You can't create compound paths in Photoshop, but can get it to work by creating two circular paths and exporting the paths as an illustrator document. Then use the "import as layers" option in Invigorator. There is a thread on why this works in this forum Look for Invigorator newbie, started on December 13th.

Hope this helps.

Jon

Return to posts index

lasvideoRe: CD Shape
by on Dec 31, 2005 at 4:58:17 pm

Thanks Jon for your lightning fast response! Your tip did the trick. I do appreciate your help.
Tom

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]