ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

3D DVD BOX Inside

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Serge 3D DVD BOX Inside
by on Dec 29, 2005 at 9:05:40 pm

Hi everyone,

Flumsie asked for this one. As he is a hobbyists I created this one for him to have fun.
If you are skilled at IL it should take you around two houres to create this object using Invigorator Pro.

Now if just Ron Lindeboom could burn his great song and add a clip to the DVD...:-)

AEP:
http://www.nyc-visual.com/DVD_BOX.sit

Looks like this:
http://www.nyc-visual.com/DVD_BOX.mov

Happy New Year! & Salut.

Serge

Return to posts index

Jon OkerstromRe: 3D DVD BOX Inside
by on Dec 30, 2005 at 3:31:07 am

Nice one Serge,

The detail you put into making the box is really great. Got a CD jewel case to go with it? :-)

Jon

Return to posts index

sergeRe: 3D DVD BOX Inside
by on Dec 30, 2005 at 4:06:36 am

Hi,

Glad you like it Jon.

Here is the CD jewel version:
http://www.nyc-visual.com/CD_CASE.sit

looks like this:
http://www.nyc-visual.com/CD_Case_2.mov

I wish you a happy new year my friend.
Serge

Return to posts index

by on Dec 30, 2005 at 3:05:02 pm

Same to you, Serge.

Great work as always.

Jon

Return to posts index

VinnieRe: 3D DVD BOX Inside
by on Dec 30, 2005 at 3:09:56 pm

Those are amazing.....Good God man you got 3D Invig down to a science. Love the texture. How did you get the bumpy plastic look on the interior of the DVD case?? That looks right on even the clips to hold the insert...love the clips.

Spot on Serge, Spot on.

vinnie

Return to posts index

MaxRe: 3D DVD BOX Inside
by on Dec 30, 2005 at 4:29:27 pm

Salut Serge,

Good grief! That is so unfair, Serge.
What an amazing skill! How on earth do you do it? Just awesome!

How about a quick tutorial to show us mere mortals how to even get started?

I am sure you can make it short and sweet ;)

Happy New Year 2006 to you and your loved ones and all the fans of this forum!!

MaxD.

Return to posts index

by on Dec 30, 2005 at 10:36:11 pm

Hey Max,

Actually if you open the Illustrator file, you will recognize exactly how each shape was drawn and imagined. A good way to learn is to import those layers one after the other inside Invigorator and build the object from the start.

I will think about a tutorial when I get time next year. Promissed.

Happy new year to you too Max.

Serge

Return to posts index

by on Dec 31, 2005 at 3:38:32 am

Serge is right on about that.

One hint: Labeling the Illustrator layers is critical to keeping track of relatively complex objects in Invigorator.

Once you start doing this a lot, you start seeing objects around you as basic shapes that can be given depth, bevels and "Invigorated!"

Jon

Return to posts index

by on Dec 30, 2005 at 10:28:49 pm

Hi Vinnie,

Thanks for the kind words.

The bumpy holder you mean (I think). It's just a question of applying the right edge. Half Pipe in this case gave me the result I was after.

Happy new year.
Serge

Return to posts index

Kenneth HahnRe: 3D DVD BOX Inside
by on Jan 2, 2006 at 7:29:08 am

Hi Serge,

Being new to both IL and Invig.... do I need to do some work on this to make it open? I can get the basic shape into AE/Invig, but get stuck after that point. I see the groups, and have opened it in IL....I see the layers and construction.... but still stumbling in the dark.. appreciate a push in the right direction :)

Thanks,
Ken

It's Not Just A Video,
It's A Production

Return to posts index

by on Jan 2, 2006 at 3:38:05 pm

Hi Ken,

First welcome to the Invigorator world!

If you open my project and go to the Set-Up window, you could by cliking on "select invisible" and unchecking the "Make Invisible" box see the pivot point. Notice its Set #

The pivot point must be assigned after its creation to a new empty set. You then align it as you wish best as I did, right at the corner of the box then you select all what needs to pivot and assign it to the same set then the Pivot Point.

In the Scene Preview window select the set where the pivot point resides and click on "Recenter" at the bottom of the set menu.
Now you are ready to animate the set to open the box.

Make a search for Pivot Point you may even find a visual.

Salut.
Serge

Return to posts index

by on Jan 2, 2006 at 7:15:14 pm

Hi Serge,

Thanks for the prompt reply. Maybe I need to start with something more basic? When I open it, do I use "open as layers"? When I "select invisible", nothing shows up in any set, and I guess if it did, at this point I wouldn't know how to assign it to a new set. Feeling very frustrated right now.
I have looked through the many wonderful tutorials you have here, but is there something that starts with the very basics? I don't want to be wasting peoples time with the simple stuff, and I want to have an undestanding of how it should all work. I also just got Illustrator Class Room in a book, will that get me where I need to be to learn how to create things like you created?
As always, thanks for all your wonderful help.

Ken

It's Not Just A Video,
It's A Production

Return to posts index

by on Jan 2, 2006 at 8:12:57 pm

Hi Ken,

There is some confusion here I think.

Using the ai file I provided to construct your own box you should "Import as Layers" Yes.
All your objects will be automatically assigned to Set#1.
As you want to animate some of them individually to open/close the box. You must assign those you want to animate to a different set.

-Now before you do so, create a primitive (Sphere) for example, change its radius to something like (10) assign it to Set #2 for example. (See manual on this but basically you select the object in the Set-Up window and chose the set # in the set mini menu located right to the name of the object)

-Name your primitive Pivot if you want.

-Now here is what is going on: Invigorator places the pivot point at the center of any object that is first assigned to an empty set. So, if you go now place your sphere at the bottom left of your box then assign the rest of the objects you need to animate to set #2. Those object will all share the sphere pivot point.

-Select you sphere and check the Make Invisible box as you don't want to see it animating.

Click OK when done go to the Scene Preview window (Effect window) select Set #2 and recenter the pivot point as I already explained.

Animate the Y-Rotation-Axis for Set #2 in your timeline.

Best way of learning Invigorator is to first go through the manual. Second, search the archives in this forum. Class Room in a book is an excellent book but it only handles AE.

I hope this helps. Let us know if not.

Salut.
Serge

Return to posts index

by on Jan 3, 2006 at 1:29:52 am

Thanks Serge!!

Much clearer now. Funny thing is, I watched your Earth/Moon demo that you had created late last night (probably about 1AM actually) and it didn't quite click with this. Now it does. I will play with this in a bit and let you know how it comes out.

Thanks very much,
Ken

It's Not Just A Video,
It's A Production

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]