ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

Here's what PA 4.0 looks like...

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Betty Boop2
Here's what PA 4.0 looks like...
on Dec 24, 2005 at 4:11:44 pm

Zak sold me the new version, because I kept bugged him. BUT...it's a very exciting piece of softwear and most importantly it works great witnin AE. Here what can be done very quickly...

http://www.jtdesign.org/Jessica-w-movement384K_Stream001.mov

Let me know what you think.

Return to posts index

John Dickinson
Re: Here's what PA 4.0 looks like...
on Dec 24, 2005 at 9:14:49 pm

Nice one. It's really exciting to have access to this great animation tool right inside AE :)

JD

John Dickinson
Motionworks
http://www.motionworks.com.au

Return to posts index

John Rich
on Dec 26, 2005 at 4:47:30 pm

That's great and perfect for putting in as the beginning of a motion menu for my grandchildrens DVD's.

Any chance you could supply some instructions? Thanks in advance.

John Rich

Return to posts index

Betty Boop2
on Dec 26, 2005 at 8:25:22 pm

Hi John,
Ok...the project is totally created within Pro Animator 4.0 using the plug-in version and not the stand alone version.

There are three tracks (or layers). One holds the "create 3D type" Jessica Lynn with the object animation "Bug-Cascade-1" applied to that track. I messed with the preset a bit.

The second track holds the graphic boxes and movies. No object animation applied here. This is made up of 6 layers in Illustrator. 3 see-through boxes and 3 backs to the boxes, the backs have image maps applied to them. This is imported as a Illustrator file, with open as layers, use illustrator color and move objects to center selected. Now...within AE I imported the three movies that play on the box backs, make these layers in the AE timeline. Twirl down ProAnimator applied layer and then twirl down "layer maps." Apply your three movies each to a layer map. Now...back to PA, you first select a graphic back layer and create a new material to apply to that layer and then apply the image map to that layer. Be sure to select absolute color. Do this for all three graphic back layers.

The third and final track is the "Camera Track" (selected from the camera animation drop down list. I selected "Orbit with push". Again there was a bit of graphic dickage.

Well, that's about it. Add a background in AE and render to taste.

The most complex thing here is the concept of layer mapping within Invigorator or Pro Animator. But this is completely explained by this excellent tutorial by John Dickinson...

http://www.creativecow.net/cgi-bin/page_wrapper.cgi?forumid=41&page=/articl...

Hope this helps.

Jay Thompson

Thompson Visual Design & Storytelling
7 Marjean Ct.
Kirkwood, MO 63122

Return to posts index

John Rich
on Dec 26, 2005 at 9:41:54 pm

Jay,

I really appreciate your taking the time for the elaborate instructions. I must appologize though, I thought you were originally talking about Invigorator Pro, which I have. I have never used Proanimator and just assumed because you said it was inside AE that it was Invigorator.

I just checked the Z man's website and couldn't find this new product and I don't think I got my usual announcement via email. Is there anyway I could find out how much it costs. I read some of the previous threads about it after your post and Mr. Dow mentioned something about there not being an upgrade price for IPro holders so I assume it is really special.
I have watched all John Dickinson's tutorials and they are literally, the best. Thanks again,
John Rich

Return to posts index

Betty Boop2
on Dec 26, 2005 at 10:12:34 pm

Hi John,

They don't have it listed on the Zaxwerks web site yet because they are still working on the documentation and some new presets. However...what you can do is order online the PA 3.0 online, complete the purchase but don't download it. Call the number 1-800-549-0250 or 1-626-309-9102 and tell them what you have done and request the download link for the ProAnimator 4.0 version. They will send you the link and your on your way.

ProAnimator is a different product from Invigorator. The way to look at this would be Invig creates a great 3D object BUT it's camera tools really suck. PA 4.0 does everything Invig Pro does AND has great camera and animation tools. Also (although I haven't tried this yet) it will allow you to import camera settings into AE for use on any layers. You can also save sceens (the object your working on, is called a sceen). Say your ready to render out of AE your project, go for it. But, now you can open the ProAnimator stand alone app and load your sceen and make changes or further refinements. You don't have to just stare at the rendering screen.

At $645 it's not cheap. But for my money it's the only way to go. All of Dickinson's tutorials apply directly to ProAnimator 4.0 as well as Invig Pro

Hope this helps.

-jay

Return to posts index

John Dickinson
on Dec 27, 2005 at 10:27:19 pm

Almost all the tutorials apply to Proanimator 4... The 3D Object Tracking feature is 3D Invigorator Pro only. There are also other differences which I will be outlining in my next tutorial. Stay tuned :)

JD

John Dickinson
Motionworks
http://www.motionworks.com.au

Return to posts index

John Rich
on Dec 28, 2005 at 7:25:51 pm

Thanks a lot for the input. I just got the 4.06 update for IPro and found a few more solids there which were nice. I had to admit it, but I never got Illustrator and mainly use Invigorator for text motion, so that tutorial using the AE layer was really helpful.

John Rich

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]