ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

Proanimator for AE

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
lasvideoProanimator for AE
by on Dec 10, 2005 at 4:07:28 am

I called about 3 weeks before Thanksgiving to troubleshoot some stuff with Proanimator. The woman I spoke to said that " in 2 or 3 weeks the AE plugin version of Proanimator would be released."
What is the current status of this version?

Return to posts index

John DickinsonRe: Proanimator for AE
by on Dec 10, 2005 at 8:16:11 pm

The release is imminent. I think Zax is just working on the manual. I have to say, when I saw it in action I was blown away!

JD

John Dickinson
Motionworks
http://www.motionworks.com.au

Return to posts index

lasvideoRe: Proanimator for AE
by on Dec 10, 2005 at 9:50:38 pm

Yippee!

Return to posts index

by on Dec 10, 2005 at 9:52:32 pm

John, is it basically Proanimator thats able to run in AE, or are there other qualities that "blew you away"?

Return to posts index

John DickinsonRe: Proanimator for AE
by on Dec 11, 2005 at 9:35:55 am

Yes it's Proanimator running inside AE, and seeing that actually work is what blew me away. The following is a Zax quote from the AE List:

ProAnimator 4 is another one of those programs in the queue ready to go but waiting on the manual. It has lots of new features and will ship as a set of 2 plug-ins and a standalone, all in the same bundle.

One plug-in will import ProAnimator camera and object data into AE so you can match camera moves created in ProAnimator. It also enables you to use ProAnimator as a super-duper animation generator for AE layers. ProAnimator excels at creating animations where numbers of objects all do coordinated actions. Animations which take a lot of time and testing to make look right. So the import plug-in lets you create ProAnimator-style animations for your regular AE layers and images.

The second plug-in is the actual ProAnimator software running as a plug-in inside of AE. This will let you create those super-duper ProAnimator 3D title and logo animations while remaining inside of AE. Everything works the same as the regular ProAnimator standalone but it works inside of the standard AE Effect Controls.

The third software is the ProAnimator as a standalone.

The plug-in and the standalone can swap files so you can use the standalone to generate 3D elements for editing (and skip AE), or you can use the standalone to generate elements which will be brought into AE.

The best news is that all of this software will be sold as a bundle for the same price as the standalone version by itself. So you get more flexibility and more power for no addition price.

JD

John Dickinson
Motionworks
http://www.motionworks.com.au

Return to posts index

by on Dec 11, 2005 at 2:32:24 pm

Wonderful news, John. Thanks

Return to posts index

Jon OkerstromRe: Proanimator for AE
by on Dec 12, 2005 at 2:41:00 pm

Very good news indeed.