ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

Can Someone Tell How to Use Live Trace with Pro Animator?

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
suzzie12Can Someone Tell How to Use Live Trace with Pro Animator?
by on Dec 2, 2005 at 6:27:45 pm

Still spending hours trying to make illustrator live trace work predictably with Pro Animator.

I wonder if some kind soul might be willing to do a dummys walk thru of this potentially great "live trace feature" so we can use it "Specifically" in zax?

It seems there could be many future zax users who might also have to start out at the ground zero of integrating illustrator with zax. Not everybody has years of existing strong experience in Illustrator.

I can trace in ai so it looks great, I can get outlines, I get extracted vectors, but the ai version 3 files I create always seem to have some kind of various unpredictable problems. (mostly holes filled in - or trying to make different parts of the same logo - so I can animate different parts of it separately)

Could someone do a step by step - heads up - outline of what we have to do to be successful - especially how to get predictable compound paths when things dont go right?

I could use a quick steps outline right here in the thread itself - a nice live trace tutorial specific to zax would be totally awesome but could take weeks to show up.

Thanks

Return to posts index

John DickinsonRe: Can Someone Tell How to Use Live Trace with Pro Animator?
by on Dec 3, 2005 at 10:18:30 pm

Have you considered that no one has responded to your post because no one here has actually used Live Trace with 3D Invigorator yet? If you would like to email me your file I can take a look at it and see what's going on.

john@motionworks.com.au

regards,

JD

John Dickinson
Motionworks
http://www.motionworks.com.au

Return to posts index

suzzie12Re: Can Someone Tell How to Use Live Trace with Pro Animator?
by on Dec 7, 2005 at 10:13:53 pm

John,

Thanks for the kind reply. No, I thought I was behind the curve and needed catching up.

This "live Trace" feature in illustrator is phenominal!

I can do a quick scan of a piece of flat artwork or a logo on my scanner then bring the bitmap directly into illustrator. Live trace cleans up the scan, finds the edges, and presents me with vector outlines of the bitmap so that I can adjust the accuracy of the trace. The adjustment controls make it possible to get very accurate and optimized vector points.

My problem is that I have not used illustrator very much before - but now - I see the importance of learning to use it well. Illustrator Live Trace lends itself to Invigerator very well by accurately vectorizing bitmapped graphics.

I used streamline with some success in the past - this Live Trace is 200% better.

Im looking for some specific and narrow help.

When I get my great vector graphic - how do I make sure I get the compound paths that zax wants? The vectors show the "A" and the "hole" in A - but - i have a hard time making that vector outline become a hole in zax.

Try out Live Trace - It is the cleanest - fastest - most accurace vectorizer I have seen thus far. Too bad I dont know vectors that well yet - im a video geek.

Return to posts index

John DickinsonRe: Can Someone Tell How to Use Live Trace with Pro Animator?
by on Dec 7, 2005 at 10:20:35 pm

When I have problems with compound paths I often resort to using the divide function in the Pathfinder but I don't know if that's going to help here. I'd really like to take a look at the AI file to see if I can fix it, then I'll let you know what I did so you can do it yourself next time.

john@motionworks.com.au

JD

John Dickinson
Motionworks
http://www.motionworks.com.au

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]